Renting out CBD Apartment storage?

Hi all,

Ever since moving out of our Brisbane CBD apartment, I've got some vacant storage that I want to get leased out. I've tried leaving an A4-sized notice in the front lobby, but there have been no takers.

Any suggestions on how I can get this storage leased out? I'm not sure if I should try putting an advert in the local paper, the Brisbane 'City Weekly' or the Courier Mail... Is anyone here leasing apartment storage to someone other than their tenant?

-- MJ.

Be aware before you go ahead that some body corporates restrict access to non-residents. This may limit your ability to offer access to the storage space. Also, people may be uncomfortable unless they can lock the storage space with their own padlock. Some things to keep in mind.

- Dave99

Be aware before you go ahead that some body corporates restrict access to non-residents. This may limit your ability to offer access to the storage space. Also, people may be uncomfortable unless they can lock the storage space with their own padlock. Some things to keep in mind.
- Dave99

Hi Dave99,

Thanks for the info - the storage has a mini garage door on the front, so it's fully lockable already, but there's no provision for an external padlock.

The body corporate might be an issue too.

There's only a limited pool of potential tenants of storage within the actual building. :(

We'll see how it goes.

-- MJ.

Back