renting to a 8x-year old

Not meant to be discrimination, but would you lease your property to a single 8x years old? any concern? Thanks

Background, this applicant has very good rental history and has her own investment property which provides her very good return.

Sure, I would if everything else stacks up.
Chances are they'd be quiet, have respect for for the place as they know what its like to be a landlord and they probably wouldn't be looking to move on quickly (lets assume health is ok).

How is this not discrimination? You must be an ageist.

Are you worried about the crazy parties they would have? The burnouts in their car? the drugs? or maybe death?

Elders

Sure, I would if everything else stacks up.
Chances are they'd be quiet, have respect for for the place as they know what its like to be a landlord and they probably wouldn't be looking to move on quickly (lets assume health is ok).

I'd have no problem with that. Probably not too many wild parties. I hope to do the same thing, live in an secure apartment close to facilities and live off the properties I have left.

LE

Your considerations should be more along the lines of a) are there stairs which may be hazardous to someone of that age b) does the shower/bath have a hob which may be a trip hazard c) what are their arrangements with health care providers eg meals on wheels/neighbours etc to check up on them that you aren't left with a pile of rotting flesh and bones should they trip over & become incapacitated but the rent comes out as direct debit (so you would be none the wiser)?:eek:

Not meant to be discrimination, but would you lease your property to a single 8x years old? any concern? Thanks

Background, this applicant has very good rental history and has her own investment property which provides her very good return.

Personally I'd love one. I bet they have better respect for my property than some whipper snapper wet behind the ears.

As spoken about I would have a look at the IP and see if it's suitable for an octogenarian but I'm sure they are also aware of what they want/need.

Best tenant we ever had was an elderly single female pensioner. She even haggled for a pensioner discount for the occasional tradie visit!
Marg

I had a lovely old guy in a property. He'd already been there over 20 years. It was a block of flats, and he did a great job of being the caretaker, keeping both the grounds and the tenants in good shape. Sometimes he paid rent in advance some weeks - we eventually found out, that was when he'd had a win on the horses.

He never moved out, he was carried out for the final time.

A few years back we had a very active 80+ woman.
She even the courtesy to check herself into the hospital a couple of days before she died.

She was with us for a year.
Lovely woman.

Back