Replacing Fence that Backs onto Walkway

I have a fence that will need replacing soon. On the other side of the fence there is a public walk way that runs down the left hand side of the property that runs from one street into another.

Brisbane city council visit a few times during the year to trim the shrubs and trees down the walk way. When I rang up about getting the fence replaced or splitting the costs they said I would have to pay for the fence myself.

I have attached a pic showing the boundary fence on the left hand side of the property. Should council have to contribute or is it left up to me?

Attachments

• Fence.pdf
    133.7 KB · Views: 73
Generally councils disclaim any contribution to fences that are adjacent to council property, walkways and parks

I have a fence that will need replacing soon. On the other side of the fence there is a public walk way that runs down the left hand side of the property that runs from one street into another.

Brisbane city council visit a few times during the year to trim the shrubs and trees down the walk way. When I rang up about getting the fence replaced or splitting the costs they said I would have to pay for the fence myself.

I have attached a pic showing the boundary fence on the left hand side of the property. Should council have to contribute or is it left up to me?

Yep,your on your own with this one.The council will have a by law disclaiming any responsibility.they will though,be pretty quick to advise you if its non conforming.:mad:

Back