Restriction on land use due to infrustructure

Hi Fellow members,

Just wondering when you put an offer do you include any conditions on property inspection in regards to possible land incurbements/restrictions due to the sewerage or gas lines etc? Any infrustructure related?

The zoning certificate will provide the permitted use, sewer diagram & survey the other impediments. The vendors are unlikely to get involved in relocating services or removal of easement etc unless its for a large land subdivision.

Thanks Scott. It this zoning certificate something we need to get from council prior to offer or we could put an offer subject to its review? What is the usual practice to be aware of it before the final commitment. The reason i am asking is the IP is located in WA so no cooling off period and the offer will becone the cobtract 8f accepted. Also we need to be quick on this.

In NSW the zoning certificate is included in the contract &available to review before submitting offers. Speak your solicitor about what information should be available to you.

could always do a dial before you dig search, 1100 or www.dialbeforeyoudig.com.au

Free search, though it may take 2 days + for plans to be done, but it is FREE, and it shows you underground assets from major utilities in the area!....

so it will give you a quick indication of what could be there!

Thanks Scott. It this zoning certificate something we need to get from council prior to offer or we could put an offer subject to its review? What is the usual practice to be aware of it before the final commitment. The reason i am asking is the IP is located in WA so no cooling off period and the offer will becone the cobtract 8f accepted. Also we need to be quick on this.

In WA you can contact the Water Corporation and get a copy of the sewerage diagram for the lot. I do this all the time before an offer/

You can make an offer subjust to Due Diligence and give yourself xx days but it is easier to work these things out before you make an offer.

Also get a title search done to see if there are any easements on caveats on the land.

Back