Return of Gee Cee

:)
Some of you may remember me from a few yrs back. I first posted on the original Forum for some time. Owing to computer problems, twins, property projects, building our new home, car updates, washing, ironing , travel, camping, etc, etc , etc I have not posted for some time.
:eek:

Anyway new computer and just put the kids into a new school this morning. Wife back teaching (Can now do as I want not as I am told) So I am hoping to be able to get on here a bit more often.
Running under the GRCee name. (Could not remember how to get in as Gee Cee)

Are some of the older Forum members still around?
I hope all ya investments have gone well and the Boom was kind to you

Greg:D

Hi Greg!!!!

Welcome back, and congratulations on getting the kiddies off to school finally.

Have you been doing any interesting projects in the Gong lately?

We'll have to catch up when I'm next in town!

Hey Gee Cee, welcome back.

I remember after you had been in the forum for a little while, when "The Wife" met you at a Canberra big bbq- she was somewhat stunned to leanr that "Gee Cee" was a boy!

Welcome back Greg

Hope you've been enjoying yourself.

There are still some of us around, though it doesn't seem that long since you organised the first get together in Sydney , though it must be about 5 years now... sh...t ....

Obviously rolf & sim are still around ( much as some people try hard to get rid of him , sim that is , ....;)) and mg and yuch ( who rumour had it met at that first gathering ) were married at the end of the year.

See Change

Welcome back GC,

I've wondered where the hell you've been for the last couple of years?

I hope this time you stick around a bit longer.

For the people who don't know Gee Cee aka GRCee.

He's a forumite who did a lot of developing around Wollongong. And did very well at it.

A big part of his success- when all his mates were buying cars, his first money spent was in property (as I remember the story).

Greg, there's been a few young folks asking about getting into property investing.

As somebody who got in young, and somebody who has now ridden a few years of the boom, what would you have to say to the youngsters?

Hi Gee Cee

I am still around but due to similar circumstances as yours I am mostly a lurker:eek:

Love to catch up next time you are in Melbourne.

Thanks Guys & Gals

Thanks to you for my welcome back. I have already posted a few posts. Gee it is nearly 1pm already. Looks like I wil have to go back to my Coun cillor regarding Forum Addiction.

As GW quoted I started young @ 18 in 1979 and have had the fortune of riding through 3 booms. All of which rolled along the same:D
I don't class myself as a big property person. Just a small flexable doer -upper, developer, investor. I have twin boys that are now in first class. My wife works so I have been Mr Mum since they were 9 mths old. (And yes I have aged heaps):( Last couple of years have built & sold a number of spec homes on the rising tide of the boom. However now have off loaded most properties, held some newer places as investments and am sitting on the fence for a while. There are some good buys appearing but I cannot see anything I would purchase now being any more expensive in 5 yrs. Lplate I am into camping. Bought a new Rodeo twin Cab to take the boys camping. And to get away from the MRS occassionally.Usually take one boy at a time (1 is Sooo easy) Occassionally we all go . The boys love getting out and bashing around in the bush and all that camping stuff. We have just moved into a new home. A home that was originally a spec development. However as it is only 500m to a new golf course and golf club, 1.5 klm to the beach and has a brand new state of the art Public School. So we decided to move in ourselves. We have rented our old home.

I had a kidney transplant 8 yrs ago. Over the past 2 yrs there have been some problems with minor rejection. But all is well at present. So I am enjoying my health and the boys company before they grow any older and don't want daggy old dad hanging around. (No good being Kerry Packer):(

It is good to be back here. We are lucky these facilities exist. Back in 1979 there was nothing like this and only about 3 books available on property
:eek:

Anyway thanks again and hello to all the new postersas well.

Best wishes, health, happiness & prosperity

Greg

Hi Greg

Nice to meet you! I am guessing you are living on Shell Cove would that be about right? I live in Kiama Downs - not too far away & work in Shelharbour. Shellharbour Village seems to be coming on well lately what do you think of the Stella Maris apartments?

Sparky

Hi GC
You dont know me but I was on the old forum an really looked for your advice.
that was many years ago!!!thankyou I owe you allot
You are the reason I moved from an office job, I cant remember the post many years ago but it was inspirational, anyway now i am a millionaire!!!!!not much these days i know but is something better that i have may have been
If you are down in melbourne I would love to have a beer
send me a private message
cheers
sp

Back