Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 16%-20%

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • More than 20%

Votes: 20 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know what the cg is this year.
I look at it from when I bought them for an overall picture.

They have all gone up by varying amounts overall which is the aim.

As we have only has our first IP for only 2 months, I really can't say.
2nd IP settles Friday :)

But out PPoR has gone up over two years from $250,000 up to RPdata of $385,905 so that is about 35%...
Or should that be 55%?
Original $250,000 has gone up by $136,000 to $365,905.

hmmm, yeah too hard! Tried to work it out and my head hurt. I know the one I bought 18 months ago is up 25%, and the one I bought in June this year is up 30%.

Our ressy stuff has been a mixed bag, ranging from 8% up to 27%. The top end stuff is still growing adequately, but the low end stuff has stuttered.

Our comm stuff - too early to tell yet, but the lack of vacancy augers well in the future. It's totally tied to the rental yield, and they are currently seeing 100 to 150% jumps in rent during market rent reviews in the CBD, so expecting it to slide on up.

Our industrial stuff ranged from 64% up to 78% last year and has been a joy to stand back and watch grow. It did similarly the year before, and we are quietly confident it'll do even more this year.

We're firm believers in the oft quoted and reknowned universal truth that commercial props don't grow....and perpetuate that myth as much as we can..:)

in this weeks prestige property the guy was being interviewed about best and worst buys etc and he said his worst was an office devy on stirling hwy, nedlands. reckoned they couldnt lease it for love nor money and had to strata it and sacrifice it. Interesting to note how different economic conditions can impact upon you - I bet if he owned that same building now he wouldn't have to work another day in his life

I am amazed

I have a spreadsheet i fill out every year. This year has amazed me. I have been investing in the middle bayside surburbs of Melbourne from Mentone to Frankston.

Gross Value increased by 24%. From $1.55m to $1.91m
Net Equity increased by 37%. From $860k to $1.18m

A block of 6 units, a house on an da approved dual occ block, and a house on 600 sq m. , all in Toowoomba.

Start of 2007 - $1.1m all up

End of 2007 - $1.2m all up

= between 5 and 10% for 2007.

end 2008 - expect maybe $1.5m or better. between 15% and 30%

A bright outlook I think.:)

If I can believe the REIV median sales prices indicate how far values have increased, then the suburbs I have my properties in have gone up 33%, 37% & 41% from Sep06 to Sep07. :)

I try and keep track of this stuff on spread sheets. I also have annual financial goals that include a percentage net and gross increase for the whole IP portfolio. My figures say I'm up an average of 22% from last year...happy with that. Although a couple of units have double in CG over the past 3 years.

But what really has amazed me is that rental yields have doubled in the past 12 months...done a few basic renos...so more than happy with that too.

Property Valuations

All this growth over the year is nice and all that....but how have you arrived at these growth figures?

Are they reflected by the median prices in that area, recent REA Appraisals or recent valuations done by sworn valuers?

It is only when yuo go to sell that you know the true value of a property.

Cheers

Lizard King

Quite right L.K,

It is wise to be realistic about all this;

I simply look at the recent sales (within 3 months) of comparable properties in the immediate area to mine, and then make a judgement based on the location, condition etc.

This is what the valuers do themselves, so we may as well use the same system if we want to be accurate.

Stuff like Residex, RPData, REIV etc are broad. I never pay attention to them; especially REIV - that's the real estate industrie's own organisation.

It's not in their interest to ever talk property down.

Back