Road costs

My parents are in the prelimary stages of sub-dividing a 3 acre block on the outskirts of Toowoomba. One of the council requirement is for them to pay for a 100 metre long, 6 metre wide bitumen road to be built that will access the rear two blocks of their subdivision as well as blocks their neighbour is subdidviding. Curb and channeling is required along the new road as well as the 80 metre road that is already running along the front of their property. the area is reasonably flat and shouldn't require too much in the way of earth works.

The council town planner was unable or unwilling to give them a ball park cost to build the road and the curb and channeling. I was hoping someone here would have some ideas on ball park costs for these. Any ball park estimates would be appreciated.

Thanks
Unit

While I can't help you with the costs, I do have a question.

Why do your parents have to pay for a road that gives access to their neighbours subdivision? Surely the costs should be split on a pro-rata basis depending on how many blocks this road gives access to.

Skater,

Sorry my post wasn't entirely clear. The costs of the road is going to be shared with the neighbour. My parents are going to have to pay for the curb and channeling along the front of thir property.

regards

unit

Back