Rockhampton / Gracemere - Central QLD

Interested to hear from investors that have properties in the Central Queensland area. Particularly Rockhampton & Gracemere.

I hear regularly from owners that have had their properties vacant for 2-3 months (sometimes longer) and are getting told their is over supply and under demand which I haven't found to be the case at all.

How are you feeling about the current market? Is your Agent passing on information/suggestions to get your property leased?

I'm not prospecting, generally after some feedback. TIA

Interested to hear from investors that have properties in the Central Queensland area. Particularly Rockhampton & Gracemere.

I hear regularly from owners that have had their properties vacant for 2-3 months (sometimes longer) and are getting told their is over supply and under demand which I haven't found to be the case at all.

How are you feeling about the current market? Is your Agent passing on information/suggestions to get your property leased?

I'm not prospecting, generally after some feedback. TIA

Had no dramas finding and retaining quality tenants over the years with the same PM. The PM fees are a bit on the high side, but as long as they keep the place tenanted with folks that look after the place and pay on time, i'm happy to pay a little extra.

Not really, my PM and I rarely talk. If anything needs doing (maintenance, compliance etc.) they just take care of it for me and let me know via email what they've done. I just wish the sales arm of their agency was as easy to deal with.

What are the PM rates like? Also curious about rates and insurance? Whats the going rate like?

I got my insurance renewals back a few weeks ago, and compared to previous years the building insurance rates seem to have fallen due to reviews of flood risk. Still a little bit on the high side, but nothing compared to insurance in Townsville and Cairns.

PM rates tend to vary between 7.5% and 9% around Rockhampton.

Not really, my PM and I rarely talk. If anything needs doing (maintenance, compliance etc.) they just take care of it for me and let me know via email what they've done. I just wish the sales arm of their agency was as easy to deal with.

Can recommend a good sales agent if you're interested.. and no, not me.

Back