Rockhampton property managers

I had a property manager in Rocky handling two properties for me. She was the one who inspected the properties for me prior to purchase, has many years experience in Rocky, doesn't own residential property but has one commercial property. She passed the initial phone interview with flying colours.

The experience since has been one of "overpromised and underdelivered". Does not keep me informed enough, I have to chase for everything. One inspection revealed the carpet (amongst other things) is in poor condition and in her words, the tenants will have to start cleaning it and she'll have to get tougher. I would have thought that's her JOB not to let things get to that point.

Anyway, recently a new, young pm has taken over from her. I was told the original pm no longer works there, but did not leave... :eek:. No idea what she did, but today I got a call from her to poach me over to where she now works. She got my number off her new employer's database as I purchased through them.

The pm that took over seems to suffer from the same affliction of being unable to pick up a phone or send an email.

They seem as bad as each other - anyone got someone decent looking after their IP up there?

Unfortunatly I'm in Brisbane but you should call the REIQ and ask them for someone great to manage your property. There was a lady at the recent REIQ Property Management conference who is a property manager up there. She really knew what she was talking about.

Rocky Property Managers

I have had a property up there for about 5 yrs have been with Prime property, with mixed results, so reluctant to make a recommendation, but the current PM Amanda(they have few on the job) who is also new does respond promptly to emails.

They now provide detailed inspection reports with photos (which was not always the case) I try to visit at least once per yr , to keep them honest, but not always easy from Adelaide!

So if you don't get any other response they may be worth a try on a 6 mnth contract?

They seem as bad as each other - anyone got someone decent looking after their IP up there?

I have used Pat O'Driscoll for several years with only 1 lax manager in that time, and they smartened up since. I also used Ray White northside with some success to begin with.

Wouldn't touch Prime Properties. Had enough when I bought off them once and they couldn't tell me who the tenants were but they had been managing for the property for some time.

How much are you guys paying? I'm paying 7.5% with Realway.
I'm reasonably happy with their service, but they keep changing managers on me and they didn't pay one of the bills. Plus the thing I have a bee in my bonnet about is that they said they could rent my place for $390 and ended up renting it for $320. :mad:

Well, I've had a bit of a turnaround with my pm - she has (finally) sent me what I'd have to say is the most comprehensive, detailed email about our property that I've ever had from a pm. And she's been pretty responsive since with some back and forth emails. AND she raised the rent. I'm impressed for a change!

I'll give them a bit longer and see if it's a lasting improvement (it's Rockhampton R/E, used to be called Raine and Horne). Thanks for the recommendations, I'll keep them in mind if things go pear shaped.

Spludgey, hmm your agency is who I purchased through IYKWIM

Back