Roller Blinds. (cost?)

I've just had a quote to install roller blinds throughout a property.

It's a 3 bedroom house and the quote is for 7 blinds in total
= $1,581

Now, I have absolutely no roller blind experience what so ever (or any other window furnishing experience for that matter)... so that price took me by surprise to be honest.
Just wanted to know if this is a reasonable quote as I have no idea.
??

I've just had a quote to install roller blinds throughout a property.

It's a 3 bedroom house and the quote is for 7 blinds in total
= $1,581

Now, I have absolutely no roller blind experience what so ever (or any other window furnishing experience for that matter)... so that price took me by surprise to be honest.
Just wanted to know if this is a reasonable quote as I have no idea.
??

Sounds about right.

I have them installed in four bedroom houses I have built and they cost $2700.

Just having them installed in 3br, lounge,dining and rumpus for $2,2000. If your windows are standard sizes, check out wood venetians at Spotlight at the moment 50% off.

Thanks mate, I'll look into that!

I had a depreciation schedule written up at the start of the year.
Any idea how new blinds would fit into this? Can I add/claim them myself or do I need to go back to the depreciator and have the schedule updated??

I would advise against wood ventians if any of the windows get much sun. We had them in our family room and they all warped after only about a year after we installed them. Had to throw them out and put in roller blinds.

Regarding the price of roller blinds, it varies widely depending on the type of material you choose. We did one 4 bedroom house completely in roller blinds and it cost around $1,300. For our family room mentioned above, we went for a much more expensive material and both the sheer and blockout blinds (so two layers of blinds on each window). We have seven windows in this room and it ended up costing around $2,200.

Thanks for the input guys.

Any insight on the depreciation schedule in regards to adding blinds? Or do I just claim the cost price? Sorry, I'm not sure how this works.

Thanks again, I appreciate the advice.

Back