Rude Real Estate Agents.

As a number of people have rightly said. If you have a mobile phone you check it, and if there are problems with something that has been arranged, as a matter of courtesy, you let the other party know. If you are not going to check your phone, then you would divert it elsewhere or even leave a message that lets your prospective clients know the appropriate means to contact, if not you, then someone else who can be of assistance.
Or get a desk job !
After all, we are talking about a considerable amount of commissions at stake here. It's not like a cheap commission you are likely to miss out on if you screw up.
Yet another reason for him to get a desk job, he doesn't understand what he's dealing with
As an aside, this agency has a couple of other properties that may appeal to me, but I'm not even going to bother to look at them, especially when there are plenty of other agents who really want the work.

Another local agent showed me a property which I didn't mind and I asked if I could get another family member through the next day. It was his day off too. His reaction was to let me know that it was his day off, & he couldn't do it at the time suggested by me as he had made personal arrangements in the afternoon that he couldn't change, but he was willing to do it in the morning. I said to him that I didn't need to do it on his day off, we can do it another time. He said it was no trouble and he really didn't mind.

Out of the two, who do you think I would rather purchase through, if the right property becomes available?
Cant remember what tv show it was on but a waiter interrupts a couple foraout he 5th time when they;v easked for a few minutes this time the seated lady continues talkign to her date and says "and then the waiter came over and cut his tip in half" (the waiter was smart enough to get it & go away, sounds like this r/e agent would have argued the point lol

Yes, I have had a similar experience with a similar outcome... However I met the vendor a couple of years later and she told me that when she signed up with the agent he strongly impressed upon her his role of "protecting" her from those nasty, scary buyers and that this was one of the main reasons for using agents etc etc. She said he made her feel like buyers where the enemy and dangerous to deal with. So when I contacted her she immediately called the agent, almost in a state of panic. She said that she found it extremely stressful when I called and she literally felt like she had been the victim of an attack. I was also listed with this agent at some point and got the same subtle spiel and can understand that as a consequence of this kind of tactic someone of a nervous disposition would maybe feel quite fearful of dealing with buyers directly. It made me feel a little wary of buyers for a while there as well...
I asked her if she had bought another place, and she had. I then asked her if she was scary and dangerous...

It's amazing, I understand that some people just don't have the time to be dealing with all the house-selling process. But those who prefer to hide behind the estate agents because of lack of self-confidence, I'll never get it. Selling a house shouldn't take more than just common sense - exactly the same as buying a house. All the expertise of the agents is overrated, imho.

Back