running a business

Hey guys.

After having trouble finding an electrical apprenticeship well trying to continue it im looking at running my own gardening and property maintenance business.

I can do multiple things so i know some areas extremely well.

just wondering if anyone has done the same and what is involved
Nick.

Hey guys.

After having trouble finding an electrical apprenticeship well trying to continue it im looking at running my own gardening and property maintenance business.

I can do multiple things so i know some areas extremely well.

just wondering if anyone has done the same and what is involved
Nick.

The correct steps will vary from state to state. Most states have a small business start up office, find yours and let them help you.

They usually have free info packs with all the forms and rules so worth doing

Which state are you in? Small biz.nsw.gov.au is great for nsw - it has a series of templates. Also check out business.gov.au - Feds have funded small biz advisors in various areas to assist in start up and ongoing small biz

From a property management perspective if I was one of your clients and you are doing maintenance for my properties I would be asking you for your ABN and a copy of your indemnity and public liability insurance policy.

Depending on the work you could be performing I would also be asking for your builders license all your sub contractors license if it's applicable.

ABN and insurance are basic necessities.

Hope that helps
X

Back