Rusty new kitchen cupboard door handles

Like some investors on this site (http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48599), I bought a flatpack kitchen from Toni at Kitchen Direct (at Rocklea, Brisbane southside) last year. I just went back to check the house after the tenant had moved out, I noted that the new kitchen cupboard door handles have become badly rusted. I wonder if any of you guys had similar problems and how you dealt with it. Cheers.

Perhaps you might not get anything of better quality from him.

Raise it with him - he may not even know of the issue. If he can't give you a better product then maybe Bunnings will help. But check the hole spacing first to make sure the new ones fit without drilling.

Cheers,

Good idea, I should return them to the seller and get replaced. Still within 12 months warranty.

a warranty isnt of much use if it only replaces the faulty product with another (probably) faulty product .check the distance between holes on the back of the doors ,if they are in multiples of 32 eg 64,96,128,160 and so on then they are a standard handle that can be bought from any reputable handle supplier ,note the word "reputable"

yep i have seen this alot with cheaper kitchens and vanity units. remove them and put in new ones. I did try to get them replaces with a kitchen company once, they replaces "like with like" and 6 months later we were back to square one.

Back