Scam Alert???

Hi, I have just been asked for my opinion on this guy:

Roger Houghton
LinkedIn profile here

He appears to own companies including azriel wealth creation, trifin global and teachers financial solutions.

Anyone heard of him, had good or bad experiences?

I have run ABN lookup search on each and they are all his, azriel is a partnership since 2000 and the others have been set up since 2006/7. No obvious alerts to being under investigation but I actually don't know how to search specifically for that. The companies are not registered for GST (meaning its just him and his turnover is obviously small)

People who asked me whether he was legit have heard him speak at a teachers event at their school and he is recommending new properties in ipswich. I have told them about him being a mortgage broker that part is fine he will get paid by the bank, but make sure they ask him what commission he is getting from the builder/developer as otherwise he wouldn't be recommending this particular new property.

I told them paying mid 300's for a new house on the outer fringe of Ipswich is not in my opinion a way to build wealth rapidly, as it is already fully priced, it is the last place in brisbane to get growth (brassall so NW edge of ippy) and this place isn't near the train line and highway which I would want to ensure if investing in the ippy area.

Any other thoughts? I explained conflict of interest, potential for being scammed etc just want to check if I have missed the front page headline of this guy being really bad news. If that exists I will tell them to run a mile.

Back