seaford vic gaining?

Thanks ramzd. Very interesting reading indeed. Can't say I like the design much but it will achieve it's job of improving community amenity for the people in the area.

So does this expand the 'preferred areas' of Seaford - this area is more or less referred to as 'Upper Seaford' (which sound a bit like 'highett east' - funny what a postcode can do to perceptions). It seems from posts here that the area close to Station Street and the railway station is the premium location. Will this make Belvedere area a bit more sought after?

It seems from posts here that the area close to Station Street and the railway station is the premium location. Will this make Belvedere area a bit more sought after?

Seaford has several diverse pockets with different levels of amenity/worth, in descending order:

1. Northern end of Seaford near Seaford Station.

By far my favourite. Near beach and station. Nice (but small) shopping strip. Safeway not far away. Access to beach across Nepean Hwy - Nepean Hwy places are nice - over the dunes to the beach - but on wrong side of highway and busy road which is a small minus.

I like the pocket behind the railway near Seaford Station, even if it is on the 'wrong side' of the rail relative to the beach. Lots of older houses rather than units.

2. Southern end of Seaford west of Kananook Station. Some nice pockets with quiet streets. Note the properties along highway which have sea frontage and creek rear. Very close to Frankston. But there are also large concentrations of units near the car dealers. Good transport access but Kananook Station is not well liked. No shops within walking distance but beach is.

3. Belvedere area. Don't know much about this area but further from beach and train. Seems OK.

4. Eastern end of Seaford east of Kananook Station. The 'worst' part of Seaford with many tired houses. Essentially a part of Frankston North but with better acces to the train.

Well looks like something is moving!

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...t=&header=&cc=&c=16603255&s=vic&tm=1260944241

Townhouse developer choosing Belvedere. Is it anyone here?

I can't quite figure this area of Seaford still. Is it just the postcode, since properties over the highway in Carrum Downs seem as well, if not better appointed, and they're easily 20-30k cheaper. It's near the top of Frankston North as well and there's some nice houses in there.

Beachside seems to be getting more and more expensive though which may account for something, but apart from being 10 minutes from lots of interesting places (!) the above seems optimistic - or is this the start of the St Kilda development working?

Hi Julie, there is plenty of development of this nature in the area. Just take a stroll through Austin rd, every second estate is a new development.

Plus, it is still only a 30 mins walk to the beach, plus you have the St Kilda development. I think its looking good.

Thirty minutes is a bit gilding the lily! If I want to go to the beach I don't fancy a 30 minute walk in the heat that inspired the visit lol, but I agree it's looking good overall.

Price differential from over the Highway puzzles me tho. Not evident particularly with the intra-Seaford highways it seems.

Seaford

Very interesting to see a property in the belvadere estate Seaford moving upwards in price a chicquita ave house sold recently for 500k plus.
constantly seeing the minimum entry price shoot up for very average houses on nice blocks at 350k plus in this area.
Those in the know are seeing large blocks in fortescue & kananook ave known by locals as the golden mile area of seaford achieve huge prices, mostly being purchased by developers who are building units.
My observations are if its around 900 sq metres plus you can see that 3 units could be built & values seem to be 170 to 190k per unit site land value only.
Try building a nice unit & with all the associated costs would have to achieve 400k plus when onsold just to make a small amount of profit.
Seaford is still affordable to be beachside at under 500k compare that to say mitcham at the other end of eastlink & have seen dumps there sold for 600k on similar size blocks & its not even beachside.
I really think people are buying in seaford for the beach area lifestyle and its benefits & really can get to the cbd in 50 minutes on the eastlink with no traffic lights.The air is clean and it not costing a million bucks to obtain a desireable lifestyle.

i also notice another real estate agent opening soon on nepean hwy seaford this would now make it 5 in that area on a limited supply of property in this area?

Big Bucks the low income profile could be changing since as prices rise the low income people make a tidy sum selling and moving to the next 'low income' area and so Seaford could be 'gentrifying'.

If I was a local and I'd bought there at 100k and now I could move to a new 4BR a scant 5 kilom away AND put my original 100k in my pocket, it could look like a good deal if that 100k looked like a couple of years salary. This seems to be the pattern doesn't it - looking for 'a package' to exit your suburb? Look at Carlton, Prahran et al.

We are also seeing many people flip property in this area for a quick profit.
Interesting to actually see agents also walking the streets touting for buisiness.

Once & if Frankston marina is started this will see many more gurus get on the gravy train & snap up the sub 500k property anywhere near the beach mostly walking distance from the beach.

Apart from new units & apartments there are very few quality houses that hit the market in the Seaford area most are needing upgrade or development.
its a case of you only will ever get what you pay for.
Allways consider what will the end product cost & then look at the capital outlay & see if its good value or not what sounds cheap may not turn out to be i have seen many run up huge reno" costs on a purchase & as a result it take years to get a return on the outlay.
My purchases in this area are only at what i see as the land value plus whatever the building may be worth & i have seen plenty of old run down buildings that wouldn"t be worth 5 grand & not even suitable for a dog to reside.

It seems from my keeping watch over the last few months that refurbished units and new townhouses are coming on the market much more frequently down there - presumably indicating an increase in population density, which begs the question, what industry is supporting the move to that area - retirees, Frankston shops, the local IT industry? Any thoughts?

My thoughts on the move into seaford by new comers is that it could be a mixture of cashed up tradies also downgraders from more upmarket areas & also investors.
The work force in area is expanding new factories at carrum downs etc.
i think a mixture of people from all walks of life are relocating there.
buisness people who own factories may be looking to move close to where they work also.
theres a lot of money people who run multi million dollar operations in the factory areas & may find it desireable to live beachside.
on the downside though i noticed is the trading post has ceased to operate and is now up for sale.

Back