seaford vic gaining?

i think those 280k properties in belvadere may be in the 350k + bracket now.

will be interesting to see if prices keep rising there,

i know that if anything decent comes on the market its even higher than 350k.

i remember a sale in chicquita ave at 480k ish last year and numerous others at 350k plus near the schools area.

seems to be heaps of units in the area that get near those levels as well.

i really think its an affordable area for under 400k and is cheaper than the beach side of freeway.

cheapest i have seen beachside lately was in lavuka st and sold in under a week was adv' at 399k ish

i know the fortescue kananook ave areas seem to be cream of the crop but developers are in that area carving up some of the larger blocks.

Did I miss something?

Last I saw, most demolition places with development potential (with 600m2) on the beach side of the freeway were going for around 380k.

Today, RE.com has 3 places on 600m2 for around 440k each.

Do we think that they'll get those prices? I'm sure that Frankston North and Frankston central would be hanging on for the ripple effect!

interesting news Seaford train station to be upgraded to a premium station
anounced todays state budget, this should only further enhance seaford property prices.

interesting news Seaford train station to be upgraded to a premium station
anounced todays state budget, this should only further enhance seaford property prices.

Does anyone know what this means? I.e. a fully redeveloped station or just an add on room for a fat man to sit in?

Seaford station is currently a fowl building, particularly comparing it to other developments in the village area. I.e. landscaping, lifesaving club, new school etc...

It would be great news if it were knocked down and redeveloped into something like Mordialloc or Chelsea...

i feel the sub 400k houses beachside of seaford have evaporated, interesting how prices jump so quickly in this market.

I agree, even axe head unit developments are going for 450k+ at least on beachside.
Even knock down job houses beachside are selling for at least $450k

Just a couple of notes from a long term resident and keen property watcher....

Patterson River College has had their zoning policy in place for several years now. It was in place when my youngest son began there in 2004, so I believe it is unlikely to affect property values at this point in time.

Property has always been considerably cheaper on 'the other side of the freeway'....whether it has been north or south of Seaford Rd appears irrelevant. It also takes considerably longer to sell.

My eldest son bought a renovated 2 br flat on Nepean Hwy in January 2009 for $235k. An unrenovated one in same block is about to be listed for 280K.

Homes within a 1.5 km radius of Seaford station attract premium prices and usually sell within days. Other than a few selected streets in the Kananook area, the prices reduce proportionately the further you travel outside this radius.

The value of my beach-side of freeway home (700 metres to station) had we not renovated would have increased approximately 600% in 15 years. With a budget renovation and small extension, it has increased approximately 800%.
A friend who bought a home of a similar value on the other side of the freeway at the same time and has only redecorated has had a 400% increase in value in the same period of time.

Hope this helps those of you from out of the area...

Homes within a 1.5 km radius of Seaford station attract premium prices and usually sell within days. .

Very true.

The value of my beach-side of freeway home (700 metres to station) had we not renovated would have increased approximately 600% in 15 years. With a budget renovation and small extension, it has increased approximately 800%. A friend who bought a home of a similar value on the other side of the freeway at the same time and has only redecorated has had a 400% increase in value in the same period of time. .

This probably means that the outer edges of Seaford are going to catch up soon enough with the rest of the suburb. Some of the stuff for sale on the fringes of Seaford ie. other side of freeway, is incredibly cheap. Might not match beachside prices, but should come given a few years.

I agree with meconium, and good points by Grumpy old chick.

I know people who were priced out of beachside, and decided to buy inner seaford. So, you certainly are going to get that ripple effect with prices, and we've seen that happen particularly in last 12 months!!

the new boundary for patterson river college is seaford road & edithvale road this has been put in force starting with year 7 students starting there year in 2011, if youre outside the designated zone may be doubtfull to get enrolled.

I doubt an Edithvale Road boundary for Patterson River SC will have any effect on property prices..very few kids from beyond there attend anyway, as they have the choice of Mordialloc and Parkdale SC's. These are both fairly good schools, unlike the ones that sit outside of the boundaries in place on Seaford and Frankston Dandenong Road.

would be interesting to see if parents wanting to enhance the chance of enrollment of there children at patterson river college would buy into the designated zone & would this increase the prices in the designated zone,compared to outside the designated zone?

That is a huge block of land by Seaford standards...600-650 square metres is the norm in the older areas..so 900+ is potentially a 3 unit development site. A subdivided block beachside of the freeway usually lists for 200-240, depending on the position, so the price for such a large parcel of land seems pretty much on the money.

interesting to see the surveyors council doing checks on properties trying to obtain data on seaford streets each property above sealevel hieght , i wonder if they are looking to strengthen the overlays in the area?

Could be increasing the flood level again, has already increased over the past couple of years and a lot of developers get caught out around kananook ave area of seaford and also parts of central frankston. SBO overlay can cause many headaches if you have not done your homework.

Back