seaford vic gaining?

Hmmm..... I was there last week and must say I'm a bit concerned.

State Government is about to release a report about sea level rise and its effect on particular suburbs. They'll all be rated. Not sure if they'll release it this year as it is an election year.... It will have implications for council planning, cost of developing and insurance no doubt.

For the first time in a while I'm thinking about getting out of the Seaford market. Especially as I saw how high Kananool creek was compared to the houses of Railway Pde.

very interesting thoughts about this possible situation, i have asked a surveyor & was told the properties on fortescue ave Seaford are between 2 - 3 metres above sealevel & i would asume kananook avenue properties to be even at lower levels, this could have a huge impact on prices once the data is released

I can't see how 2 - 3 mtrs above sealevel will have any impact whatsoever on prices the whole stretch from mordialloc to frankston is the same. Most of Patterson Lakes is under 1m above sea level and look at their prices!

State Government is about to release a report about sea level rise and its effect on particular suburbs.

There is no sea level rise anywhere on the Peninsula.

I've been frequenting the Peninsula areas for over 40 years, and I can promise you the water mark is still in the exact same places down at the beaches.

In fact, under the pier at Dromana the barnacles on the pylons are almost constantly out of the water.

Haven't you noticed the rhetoric on the Lefty media these days? It's all "Climate Change" now - not "Global Warming".

Why? because it became obvious to most that there were no sea level increases anywhere (notwithstanding the island that's sinking; which is actually eroding), so the whole "warmer temps melting the ice" belief was shown to be cr@p. But hang on; we have this multi-billion dollar industry to support; whadawegunnadonow?

Yep; the climate is changing my friends; just yesterday I had to put on a coat it was so cold, and blow me down if I didn't have to go for a swim only just a couple of months ago because it was so hot......

Just like when I was 8 years old.

hrmmm intrresting all this. yer i have seen that prices in the kananook ave area have incresed dramatically!!!! that one 640-670k wow and the other one for 1mil... but being a double block you'd expect that. what about those off sts like moresby ave milne ave and bardia aves they seem to be quiet sts. would they gaining in value alot more cause there quiet streets?

i thing i see with seaford is that one day its going to be "townhouseford" w ith such big blocks developers are buying them and turning it into townhouses and trying to squeeze as many on the block as possible! so for a 900+ block puting 3 on is quite stupid really, if i was a developer i'd rather put 2 on the block it would sell alot better and plius taking into consideration body corp fees too (i think its 3 or more for body corp), that one of fortescue up for tender wont sell for a long time, who wants to buy all 3? should have sold indiviually. someone being a bit greedy really....

Very interesting comments on this area & helpful for those aspiring to get into the area, yes the prices have gone up heaps however still opportunities exist although thin on the ground.Always seems to be a shortage of quality family size homes on larger blocks they seem to be as rare as hens teeth (lol).
i to agree that a lot of developing is going on, developers are in it to make as much $ as they can & its not a given to make money if the economy hits the skids they have risk but this risk is a calculated risk & a can be a hint of gamble & speculation to.
the units in fortescue mentioned for tender are interesting not sure if tender is for 1 or the block of 3.
interesting to see there is no crossover to the high tee tree gates at unit 1 at present? i wonder if this was an oversight?
perhaps overseas interests might have been in the market for these types of projects? a few weeks ago. however with media reports of the ownership by overseas interests being bagged that market may have evaporated.
very interesting to see other townhouses coming onto the market at 500 k ish is this setting a new market trend for the area.
my next question is what price a house with land? in the area, are we seeing the long term trend here with prices going up & up because it is highly sort after & all existing properties are tightly held & very few opportunities come about & even when it does every man/woman & dog looking to get into the area just dive onto it?
i know looking at all the listings is very very difficult to find a quality family home, not just in seaford but the areas that are beachside in near suburbs.
very very interesting times we live in with this existing market.
housing affordability and availability in seaford is indeed in stress.

would be interesting to see if parents wanting to enhance the chance of enrollment of there children at patterson river college would buy into the designated zone & would this increase the prices in the designated zone,compared to outside the designated zone?

very interesting to see this property in the above mentioned designated patterson river college school zone

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-seaford-106581480?activeSort=list-date

does anyone think prices in this area have moved or ripple affect of seaford beachside prices increasing?

hrmmm intrresting all this. yer i have seen that prices in the kananook ave area have incresed dramatically!!!! that one 640-670k wow and the other one for 1mil... but being a double block you'd expect that. what about those off sts like moresby ave milne ave and bardia aves they seem to be quiet sts. would they gaining in value alot more cause there quiet streets?
what does everything think of this?

very interesting to see this property in the above mentioned designated patterson river college school zone

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-seaford-106581480?activeSort=list-date

does anyone think prices in this area have moved or ripple affect of seaford beachside prices increasing?

Dan McGlashan from MPRE has priced this house really low so it sells fast. It's a beautiful house and no expense has been spared to do up the inside. The owners will regret selling at such a low price. MPRE has a reputation around town.

Dan McGlashan from MPRE has priced this house really low so it sells fast. It's a beautiful house and no expense has been spared to do up the inside. The owners will regret selling at such a low price. MPRE has a reputation around town.

Not sure about that. Its still Seaford on the side of the Freeway.

Highly sort after pocket though. Probably the next best area then being right next to the beach. The area has had and will continue to have alot of development.

Reputation good or bad? Please expand further?

Low price?

Would be surprised if sells under 450k

Pricing low & selling fast doesn't really make sense if could get a higher price?

I think this is a nice area only second to beachside of freeway.

what does everything think of this?

Kananook avenue seafood is a tightly held area with rare listings is also known as the golden mile area many astute owners/investors have gained in this area,rather well to do area of seafood.
Well sort after and always in demand, the higher priced properties here sometimes sit on the market for a while until sold.
However the lower end say under 550k sell very fast usually.
Many developers try to get the larger blocks,however if the overlays are ever strengthened would cost more to build.
Not to mention the proposed krud super resources tax that may also inflate new building costs once implemented? That scares me more than anything else in the pipeline at the moment.

Kananook avenue seafood is a tightly held area with rare listings is also known as the golden mile area many astute owners/investors have gained in this area,rather well to do area of seafood.
Well sort after and always in demand, the higher priced properties here sometimes sit on the market for a while until sold.
However the lower end say under 550k sell very fast usually.
Many developers try to get the larger blocks,however if the overlays are ever strengthened would cost more to build.
Not to mention the proposed krud super resources tax that may also inflate new building costs once implemented? That scares me more than anything else in the pipeline at the moment.

May I also add fortes cue avenue & rossylyn ave & adjoining streets to be in the above listed area.

Further more mahony & Elsie ave are mostly under 600sq metro blocks & no unit development has taken place there in those 2 streets hence the block sizes, might be sort by those who want to live in an area with not much development.

Wow another under contract didn't sit for long I bet there was a stampede at that price.

Any idea what it sold for though? Id guess using the $395 - $435 was a tactic used to draw in more buyers - where as they prob wouldn't settle for any less than $430. Although it is on the "other" side of the fwy.

Back