seaford vic gaining?

I would have thought this was a fair price. Anything liveable on the beachside has been selling for $500, anything to be knocked down and subdivided for $450.
On the other side that unit seems a fair price. It is however new and in the best location on the wrong side of the fwy.

I cant understand how the median house price for Seaford can still be $350. Although according to the official median the average house price in Melbourne is only $460 - which clearly is misleading.

Does anyone think Seaford may have reached its limit price wise? In terms of catching up to Carrum, Chelsea etc...

seems like the availability of houses in the above golden mile area for less than 500k is now non existant.
I can only assume we are now looking at prices that will push further towards the 600k mark in the golden mile area.
interesting to also see a magnitude of apartments nearing completion in this area of Seaford & i would bet they will all be looking at the recent sales figures achieved in the area?

i still think you can get a house in golden mile for under 500k. i see theres a house on kananook ave for 480-530k at the moment 380sqm nice house be interesting to see if it gets over 500k.

how are people finding renting out there properties in this area??

a lot of places on the market for lease i have noticed....

how are people finding renting out there properties in this area??

a lot of places on the market for lease i have noticed....

I had a tenant break a lease in mid June. They gave plenty of prior notice. Had property (2bed 1bath townhouse) advertised for ~ 2-3 weeks before being re-let. Probably helped that my ad was about ~$20pw below next equivalent property advertised.

In my opinion any beach side suburbs are harder to let during winter when the appeal factor of beach living is not as great as the warmer months.

Great news on the stkilda football club project progress can only push the area ahead.

i have noticed also more rental property come on market & sometimes slow to let.

Also now seeing property that just sits & is taking longer to sell & a further downer is now mortgagee default sales in the area, i have a gut feel that times are tuff & this may now reflect into the property market.

Plenty of POA advertising now starting to see on new listings?

Finance for some commercial projects and developments is difficult.

Interesting to note the new St Kilda training facility is being labelled as being in Frankston. Presumably because Frankston City council are sponsoring it

What does everyone think of Seaford being such a large suburb - this definitely influences the median house price with beach side and non beach side of freeway being in my opinion very different feeling suburbs. What about renaming the non beach side Seaford Downs or Seaford Heights perhaps??

Interesting on the renaming prospect I agree seaford is huge in area & perhaps anything on the beach side of the freeway could have a name change perhaps even calling it say seaford beach.

I can remember years ago parts of burwood were changed to camberwell & this had a huge influence on prices and the status of being in camberwell.

Interesting on the renaming prospect I agree seaford is huge in area & perhaps anything on the beach side of the freeway could have a name change perhaps even calling it say seaford beach.

The name 'Seaford' already implies coastal living, so 'Seaford Beach' is almost an oxymoron. At least it's would not be misleading, like the very inland Bayswater.

The difference with the Camberwell example is that Camberwell has an existing posh reputation whereas a new name like Seaford Beach wouldn't.

Many other suburbs with the one name are larger than Seaford. Eg Frankston, Caroline Springs, Werribee or Hoppers Crossing. All of the above are big enough to have salubrious and less salubrious pockets - that's part of the fun of investigating suburbs.

Back