Searching for property - look at ALL real estate prortals

To all property buyers and investors.

I don't usually promote my articles, but since this is a property investors forum, with like minded property investors, I think it may benefit alot of property investors/buyers.

I have just recently finished researching all real estate portals in Australia. I found 27, and boy did it take me a long time :)

As you probably all aware the biggest property portal in Australia is realestate.com.au and domain.com.au. They have the most listings and are the most comprehensive. However, they don't list all properties, especially if property is FSBO and it also depends if an agent has a subscription to the portal.

To find true gems you need to search ALL property sites. But, you say it will take me a long time to search through all 27.

Not if you set up an email alert system. On most property sites, you can specify your exact criteria; price, size location etc. When a listing comes up it goes straight to your inbox.

This is especially ideal for property investors who are scouring bargains. You just never know where you'll find your next IP.

Here is the link to those that are interested:

http://www.ipostcodes.com.au/blog/b...-in-australia-search-all-real-estate-portals/

I am also working on doing portals specific to;
1. rentals - residential
2. commercial property
3. rural property
4. share

For those that are interested on any of the above specific portals, just email me, and I'll send you a link when I finished the research.

Good luck with all your searches!

Interesting research Steve, will be interested to see how it progresses.

I use Realestateinvestar as one search tool now which collects information from many different portals, one of the better recent products from my experience.

Thanks Andrew,

Really appreciate your positive feedback on this.

I would be glad to receive an update to your progress, but especially if you manage to find some gems.

That's what its all about, right?

All very best....

I couldn't disagree more. I have used Realestateinvestar for some time and found it to be much less than it offers;
1) Support is almost non existent, with issues raised (such as it logging you out half way through a search) still not addressed 4 months later.
2) Free introductory periods charged for, once you join
3) Searches that constantly bring up sold properties and
4) An ever decreasing number of valid property searches.

I have gone back to doing my own searches and saving the $79 a month

A

Hi ozsupra,

I basically like the pricefinder access you get as part of the REinvestar package which I use as support for RP data, also the ability to throw up random location ideas such as when you are looking for specific search tags such as 'corner block', 'granny flat' and so forth. Agreed that it has significant areas of improvement for the future!

As a heavy user of data products I probably view this product differently to an individual investor who would be much better served with a group access to either RP data or Price Finder in my opinion.

Interesting research Steve, will be interested to see how it progresses.

I use Realestateinvestar as one search tool now which collects information from many different portals, one of the better recent products from my experience.

I agree Andrew. We've been using Investar for some time now and it has proven to be very good indeed. We've found some excellent deals in our niche using the search tools.

Cheers
Garry

Back