Seeking legal work

I have just completed the College of Law Dip of Legal Practice, and law degree, and am looking for a job. I need to do at least 75 days work in a law practice, under the supervision of a solicitor, to qualify for admission as a solicitor and get my practicing certificate.

It seem very difficult to find a job at the moment.

Are there any solicitors out there?

Hi terry
email me and will send it on to a couple of legals I know and see what they say
all the best
having a legal thr understand property is a bit of a bonus

If you can email me your contact details and i will forward to my solicitor at Campbelltown I use.

So is it 2 weeks work experience you need?

I have just completed the College of Law Dip of Legal Practice, and law degree, and am looking for a job. I need to do at least 75 days work in a law practice, under the supervision of a solicitor, to qualify for admission as a solicitor and get my practicing certificate.

It seem very difficult to find a job at the moment.

Are there any solicitors out there?

If its anything like Qld, once you get your actual certificate, you'll be on a restricted cert for another 2 years, meaning you have to work under supervision and can't open your own practice etc

I work in a large national law firm, happy to flick Sydney HR your resume if needed...

J

hi Joshyboi

Yes, it is the same in NSW. Ideally I would like a long term position. Thanks for your offer too.

Hi terry,

Will you go delve into property with a legal twist i wonder? Heard of Peter Mericka? I think you would do wonders considering your background if you were to tread the same waters. Just a thought :)

Best of Luck

Peter Mericka & Lawyers Real Estate

Hi Guys,

My firm, Lawyers Real Estate, is about to become the world's first franchised law firm.

You can find out about the progress of the Lawyers Real Estate concept on LinkedIn (all lawyers should have a profile on LinkedIn) or on Twitter at LawyersRealEst.

Good luck Terry,

I left Minter Ellison 10 years ago and have never practised since. I only did my 16 weeks to get admitted. I hope you find the actual practice of law better than I did.

It took me over 80 contacts with law firms to get the ME job. It was tough to find something in planning law when I got the job in 2001.

Peter Merica, I'll check out your website...it's about time the whole practice of law changed, the billable hours thing is archaic and inhuman and exploitative, whils law itself is amazing and facinating...reading cases and the whole thinking behind it is amazingly interesting.

Hi Guys,

My firm, Lawyers Real Estate, is about to become the world's first franchised law firm.

You can find out about the progress of the Lawyers Real Estate concept on LinkedIn (all lawyers should have a profile on LinkedIn) or on Twitter at LawyersRealEst.

Id love to know what program you used that flagged your name over the interwebs peter?? How did ya know i was whispering your name i wonder? I know theres a program that does it so color me curious. You pounced on my reference lickity split:eek:

Hi Reeco

Yes, I was wondering the same thing!

I would like to get into any area related to property or commercial law. Interested in family law too as well as estate planning etc.

40+

There are so many new graduates out there that most places will only take you on if you work for free for up to 15 weeks. If I cannot find anything I may have to do this just to qualify as a solcitor and then it should be a bit easier.

Back