Seeking recommendation in Loganlea area

Hi,

I am (possibly) embarking some further reno/value adding on a 3 bedder (1 level) brick veneer house (average size) in Logan.

It was build in the 1970s, old worn yellow brick, so I would like to bring some life into it.

Basically, I am looking for a recommended roof tile fixer/painter as well as for cement renderers from people who used them in the past. As I am also looking at installing an air conditioning unit (reverse cycle) I would be interested to have some recommendation as well.

Also I would appreciate some price information as it seems to me that some building pros think that they can charge whatever they want.

I am interested to go ahead quite quickly if the price is reasonable with a recommended tradesman. If anyone knows some semi retired person who is interested, I would love to hear from them.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Tibor

Hi Tibor,

I have the same problems. I need Tradesman to do painting and carpeting and maybe some work in the kitchen and fences for my property in Woodridge. I have not contacted anybody yet, but I will let you know when I have found one. I plan to have the job done at the end of July. I myself live in NSW

Regards, Toba

Hi Toba,

I can provide you with detail regarding to painting and carpeting and the guy maybe even do fence as well. Regarding to kitchen, the guy last year did 2 kitchen for me, seems started to charge astronical prices, so I do not recommend him.

As a painter. call Kerri Hudson at Ray White Waterford (she is aslo excellent if you need a rental manager, she manages the vast majority of my properties) tell her I sent you and you'd like
to contact the guy who did the work for me in Logan Central about a month and a half ago. I wrote about him in another thread, which is quite recent.

Regarding to carpeting, contact Steve (or Chris) Lacey (my electrician's mate and did work work me last years as well as about 2 months ago) sorry I have only their fax number with me, that is 07 3806 2715. Again tell them I sent you, and ask them to call you. They've done recently supply, lay (take up old carpet and get rid of it also) light commercial grade carpet 10.5 meter at $709
(GST inclusive).

Hope it helps,

Tibor

Dear guys,

If you are looking for a painter based purely on price you may want to try:

Garry O'Brien -Painting and Handyman Services
9 Salwood Place, Beenleigh, QLD 4207
Ph: (07) 3807-0764; Mobile: 0412 917 409

On one round of getting paint quotes he quoted for myself he was 48% cheaper than the most expensive one. Said he only did one coat but as it was a two pack only one was necessary.

In the end I did not use him but if price is the key consideration he may be worth a call.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Back