Seminar Bingo

At a seminar Acey and I where at recently (http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=110715) we were given the most amaxing show.

We started by singing our national anthem (the md got a word wrong in it), in between each speaker a md came up and entertained us (and sang again). It was great fun!

To amuse ourselves when the speakers were talking we decided to play seminar bingo. You must have all heard of meeting bingo, where phrases such as " think outside the box" and " knowledge base" become boxes on the board. See http://www.lotsofjokes.com/cat_368.htm if you don't know.

So I need phrases to fill the seminar bingo board. I've thought of:
"retire in 10 years"
"not rocket science"
"cashflow postitive"

We'll need 25 all up to get the board, so what phrases have you heard lately?

Jas

"tax-deductible"
"cultivate a prosperous mindset"
"tried & tested"
"new found riches"
"don't work for money make money work for you"
"tax haven"

geoffw said:
"Normally $xxx but if you act now $yyy"
"Dare to be rich"
"No money down"

1. This could be the most important life decision you ever make
2. Create instant equity
3. Only 1% of people retire rich - and you can be one of them if you act now
4. Don't listen to the dream stealers
5. My friends laughed when I said I was going to be rich - now look whose laughing!
6. No risk - 100% guaranteed
7. No experience needed - it's easy!
8. The best methods are the simplest - anyone can do it - let me unlock the secrets
9. Parents, school and advertising instil the failure mindset. Let me rewire you consciousness to instil the success mindset.
10. Pay less tax - legally
11. The secret phrase that will let you get what you want from other people - every time!
12. Buy wholesale - thousands below valuation - for instant equity
13. Build passive income
14. Most people only use 5% of their mental faculties - let ME show YOU how YOU can unleash YOUR full potential
15. Most people are poor. If you do the same as them you'll end up just like them.
16. Insanity is expecting different results from the same behaviours.
17. The rich do things differently
18. Legal, ethical and proven strategy (unlike all the other spruikers out there)
19. This time it's different
20. ASIC approved
21. You are what you think
22. Knowledge is power
23. If this $10 000 seminar helps you get just one deal, then it's paid for itself
24. One on one, private coaching
25. To reward you for being decisive, if you sign up now you can take $2000 off our already low price.

Regards, Peter

Jas, sounds like you also have been to too many seminars. Cliches aside, did you find the seminar worthwhile or merely entertaining?

Julie

Julie,

The shares guy was decent....and the product he was pushing was a decent tool, but way overpriced. Some of his comments were also useful for the shares book we're writing.

The rest of the speakers - a waste of time...but we did get to network with a few new people, which made the morning worthwhile.

Did you enjoy your lunch with friends? - we had yum cha :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

We had lunch in Manly and the weather was just superb - a far cry from the frost of this morning.

Gee, you guys must be experts if you are writing a book on shares. Next thing you know you'll be running the seminars.

Regards
Julie

Nah, not expert. It's not an expert book, it's a how to - just a little one about how to trade online.

We're staying away from recommending strategies to people - just giving them the tools and details on how to go out and research the different systems to form their own conclusions.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Hey Julie.

Ditto what Acey said re the shares guy and the others.

As for the share book - last month we wrote one on geneology (guess how much we knew about that before we started ;)

Peter - WOW! You filled in the whole board!

Jas

Bill.L said:
Peter,

You've been to too many seminars. :p

bye

Never too many! After all one must continue to learn and....

26. invest in that most valuable piece of real estate - the space between the ears ; )

But seriously, I've never paid for a seminar and only been to freebies. But I have been guilty of reading the ads in WealthCreator (am I the only one?) and occasionally sending away for some of the stuff.

I know Jas set her sights too low at asking for only 25. After all:

27. If you aim for the mountain you might reach the foothills; if you aim for the stars you'll reach the summit.

Thus I am confident that there's 1000-plus. And because

28. If you can think it, you can do it

achieving this is quite possible.

But I won't because I couldn't be bothered and

29. Rich people value time over money

Regards, Peter

BTW: Another consequence of 29 above (or my own laziness) I forgot the CAPITALS bold and <u>underlinings</u> in all of the above points!

Last edited by a moderator:
Spiderman said:
1. This could be the most important life decision you ever make
2. Create instant equity
3. Only 1% of people retire rich - and you can be one of them if you act now

25. To reward you for being decisive, if you sign up now you can take $2000 off our already low price.

Regards, Peter

Thanks Peter

You have given me my advertising copy for next years workshop ;)

Michael Yardney said:
Thanks Peter

HAHAHA!!!!!!
;)

ARGH!!!No!!!!!! The idea was to make fun of it, not use it for copy!!!!!
:D :D :D :D

Jas

Michael Yardney said:
Thanks Peter

All I need to do is to form a multidisciplinary group as per:

31. Surround yourself with a 'mastermind team'

comprising:

a. social psychologist/modern anthropologist (scouring the streets looking for the 'new cool')
b. copywriter
c. lexicographer
d. computer programmer

a would get vibes from the outside world - (street, social research, people's aspirtations, modern online thesaurus, current events, new lingo, etc) which would be passed onto b. c would work with d to produce an automated copywriting application which would work to an algorithm developed by d.

This algorithm would produce copy at the touch of a button, with a and b reviewing the output before publication. The customer need merely insert a product name (eg seminar), features (eg 2 days) and benefits (financial freedom) and their ad could be produced instantly by this algorithm.

The resultant product could be sold to success seminar promoters, so instead of them getting money off you, you'd get money off them. Thus it would be:

32. A win-win deal

that

33. has unlimited potential to make money from your kitchen table

but

34. is not a pyramid scheme

yet

35. provides passive income for life

Regards, Peter

PS: 36. Tricked you! Even if the foregoing was too long, remember that people always read postscripts, hence this point.

PS1. 37. Hurry, don't miss out

PS2. 38. I cannot believe that you have thus far failed to take advantage of the opportunities available to you.

PS3. 39. There is still time, but places are limited, so act now.

PS4. 40. This will be the last seminar I will ever hold, so call now or regret it!

Back