Sentiments for Cash

Just wanted to share this, perhaps its an emotion, or maybe it's greed for money

By seeing the total amount of credit available, and then suddenly gets taken away, and transferred into equity which often comes as an debit in ones account.
The cash has obviously helped to transform into an asset class of its own, which I know will make me smile in long term and for longer..

But, seeing the cash available made me smile :D
The debit does not.

Has anyone shared this strange emotion?

Yep. Recently done few renovations to the PPOR (additional bathroom) and I believe that it has improved the value of the PPOR. But seeing the cash disappear somewhat hurts.

You need to get a massive line of credit, withdraw all the cash, lay it all out on your living room floor and then roll in it like you are making chicken schnitzel.

Great feeling.

You need to get a massive line of credit, withdraw all the cash, lay it all out on your living room floor and then roll in it like you are making chicken schnitzel.

Great feeling.

One of the bedrooms

Attachments

• Room.jpg
    Room.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 7,466
I used to work as a bank teller and play with $100K cash every day. That was 27 years ago when banks handled cash. It was merely numbers on pieces of paper to me.

I used to work as a bank teller and play with $100K cash every day. That was 27 years ago when banks handled cash. It was merely numbers on pieces of paper to me.

Likewise, although I was Teller 1 in a large bank, in an area with a heap of welfare recipients. Pension day would see me in charge of close to $1mil in cash.

Pension day would see me in charge of close to $1mil in cash.

Have done the teller thing too.
So much easier to detach when it's not your money - it belongs to others.

LoneWolf: By seeing the total amount of credit available, and then suddenly gets taken away, and transferred into equity which often comes as an debit in ones account.

Yes, I relate to this. Well, I guess I'm lucky enough to relate to this.
There's the knowledge that the possibility to loll around on the loungeroom floor is gone - who knows for how long.
Cash is freedom - or feels like it.

ok180: Invested in rurals.

Sleeping on positive cash like a baby.

This is what I want and need.

Yep - worked as a bank teller many many moons ago too ... when counting out thousands at a time in big notes, it all just becomes paper (in those days)

Cash is comfort and security all in one. It feels great to have access to cash. Owning a mansion or a flashy car does not quite cut it.

I used to work in a Newcastle bank when BHP used to pay it's wages in cash :eek:

The branch was being renovated and every 2 weeks we would go down into the strong room, be loaded up with as much cash as we could carry up two flights of steps.

In 1966 I could carry a $200k in twenty dollar notes in my arms :D

According to the CPI calculator that is $2.5 mill today, could have kept walking except for the men with guns.

Completely off topic, do other bankies recall going to the pistol range each year for target practice with our guns ?

Cash is comfort and security all in one. It feels great to have access to cash. Owning a mansion or a flashy car does not quite cut it.

Hi China
Its nice to have cash, very comforting, but I think its also nice to treat yourself with some toys along the way, or share it around a little with your children, or whatever tickles your fancy. I just don't see the point of making pots of money but not enjoying the fruits of your labour today, balancing the two, best of both worlds. All to their own I guess

Cheers
MTR:)

Last edited:
Nope! No guns here! But then I'm guessing you're a bit older than me. :)

When I was 18 (1968) we used to go to the Newcastle Pistol Club annually and shoot 2 clips of bullets from our bank pistol.

We were expected to shoot the baddies back then, not many bank robberies in those days :D

What sort of pistol Macca ? Did you keep it handy and loaded by the till ready for quick action ?

Why only a pistol ? Surely a shotgun would be handy also :)

First time I went to Europe I was amazed when a money truck pulled up in front of a bank, several people run out of truck with sub machine guns. They surround the truck and keep an eye out while the dough is loaded. They don't muck around there though I did think about throwing a cracker in the air and see what would have happened lol

What sort of pistol Macca ? Did you keep it handy and loaded by the till ready for quick action ?

Why only a pistol ? Surely a shotgun would be handy also :)

I think it was a Browning pistol, (google = looks familiar) we used to put it in our cash tins each night to go into the safe. They used to check (very) occassionally that we had put it in there.

There was a leather holster attached to the underside of our counter and we had to put it there each morning so we would not drop it or play with our pistol when bored :D:D:D

Funny thing was, that branch was quite large and had 8 tellers, all armed, the public space was a large U shaped section with 4 tellers on opposite sides :eek:

I used to wonder who I would shoot if I missed the baddies........

In 1966 I could carry a $200k in twenty dollar notes in my arms :D

Completely off topic, do other bankies recall going to the pistol range each year for target practice with our guns ?

Considering I wasn't even born then ... I think my experiences might have been a bit different but - and this always makes me laugh ...

When cash had to be transferred to the main central bank, a km or so up the road, we used to load it into a ratty looking briefcase and one of the female tellers would walk it up.

The money was only insured if a "male" went along for protection so the long past retirement, old fella that sat in the basement checking death notices would totter along with her and was literally no protection at all.

Back