Separating land title into two for duplex

Dear all

I am considering building a duplex in ryde council area but I see on their council website you cannot separate title into two titles after duplex is built which means you cannot sell each duplex separately.

Could someone pls help confirm this is correct and if it is is there anyway around it? :)

Thanks guys in advance

Hi Bashworth

Is this a way to get around council restriction by subdivide first then build a duplex? So after you divide the land title into two, how does the building process for a duplex work? Could you explain a bit further pls?

You will need council approval regardless.

One thing I noticed was that most approved duplex subdivision was done around year 2005/2006. Was there a different legislation back then?

Anyway, are you looking at the one sold last week in parkes st? Looking at the sold price (before auction), I can't quite comprehend it, considering the end cost for each unit (assuming duplex is the buyers intention) will be close to 1M. And a subdivided duplex in ryde area are only around 900k.

Hi,
I have looked at Ryde council before and there's no way to get around it subdivision. Seen few duplexes being built but if you have to sell you have to sell the whole thing. So the only interested parties would be ppl having extended families who want to live together. I wouldn't be interested in a 8 bedroom house.

I know the rules were the same in 2008.

Back