Seq

I see south east qld is suppose to be a huge growth area going forward. What area does it encompass? I have just been looking at maps and it looks like Bundaberg is in the north of SEQ... is this the area they are talking about or is there one or two major towns set for growth? i.e. are they essentially talking about Hervey Bay or somehting?

Good question, AUSPROP. I've always thought of SEQ as being Sunshine Coast (maybe as far north as Gympie) to Gold Coast and west to about Ipswich or thereabouts (perhaps out to Gatton/Toowoomba area). I wouldn't have thought Bundaberg, Maryborough or Hervey Bay would have been included in that definition.

I don't know that there is actually an official definition of "SEQ" as such, though would be happy to be corrected.

Would be interested in others' thoughts .....

Cheers
LynnH

Every time I've heard it referred to in the media by property commentators and demographers, it has been Sunshine coast down to the NSW border. As Lynn mentions, also takes in the western corridor to Ipswich and Toowoomba

Mmmmm, I am Toowoomba born & bred and I always considered SEQ to be the Brisbane - Gold Coast corridor. A very narrow band that started at the Brisbane River, went west to Ipswich (certainly not out to Toowoomba) and south to Coolongatta. Funny how we all see things differently.

Every time I've heard it referred to in the media by property commentators and demographers, it has been Sunshine coast down to the NSW border. As Lynn mentions, also takes in the western corridor to Ipswich and Toowoomba

I agree with player, with the one difference being I'd have the border at the bottom of the escarpment before going up to Toowoomba.

See ya's.

Hi Ausprop,

did you hear or did you read something about SEQ supposed being a huge growth area going forward? If it was something you read could you let me know where you read it. I have some properties near maroochy and I'm hearing a little different from some of the agents up that way.

Cheers

I was a little confused with that report also. I can see a lot of suburbs of Perth are close to hitting the bottom and is fantastic buying but Bris looks overpriced to me. I heard some comments on 6pr from (i think it was the president of) The real estate institute of Australia. His comments were that a lot of agents were getting laid off as properties aren't selling. My current perth REA is saying this of his associates in Bris also. He also recommended Bris was overpriced and esp. Gold Coast were in for big falls. I have noticed though Bris properties on realestate.com are getting far more hits than Perth properties. - The properties I've been looking at anyway - Southern suburbs Bris/Northern suburbs Perth.

I think the report said SEQ excluding Brisbane - which is why I was wondering what SEQ actually was.

Here is a link to the QLD Government SEQ Regional Plan (Draft). This is an updated version from previous one.

http://www.dip.qld.gov.au/regional-planning/draft-regional-plan-2009-2031.html

Included are many PDF files on various topics, but if you open up 'Part A - Introduction' it shows what areas are recognised by the QLD gov as being in SEQ. The boundary compared to a previous version has actually shifted slightly west of Toowoomba.

Cheers,
AnneDe

Back