Settlement Agency - Perth

Hi Guys

I've just had my offer accepted for my first property in Midland so pretty excited!

I've got my mortgage broker sorted however does anyone have a recommendation for a good settlement agent?

Does an expected fee of $1,200 to $1,400 sound right?

Thanks for the help!

Congratulations!!

I use Heidi Hunter Settlements.

Unit 16 872 Beaufort St, Inglewood WA 6052, Australia
(08) 9272 7557

She has done 3 settlements for me and is great.

My property which is due to settle next week is $1400

We used Able Settlements (Based in Perth) for 2 of our properties, the charge was around $1100 but they discounted it both times for us. They were great at getting things done for example our last property the owner decided they were travelling to woop woop and werent going to be able to sign the documentation at the last minute, the settlement agent drove for hours to get that signature for us. Although I will note that neither times has the settlement been done on the correct date, once it was one day late and the last one was 3 days late due to mistakes by the RE and uncooperative vendors. Overall I was happy with them for the price though :)

Well I would never use Able settlements again. Tried them once last year, they were cheap for a reason they do not follow up and double check things. State revenue stuffed up and sent them my entire land tax bill not just for the one property. They did not check the details and paid $13,000 to state revenue. Took ages to sort out. Pay the money and use a good agent.

i have used cullen babington hughes for the last few as they have been more complicated and i felt more comfortable using the conveyancing department of a law firm (in case there were any issues)

previously we had used mcgregor settlements for the previous 10 or so without any problems.

Thanks for all the answers guys. Its a $315k 3x2 strata titled townhouse in a group of 4 should just be a pretty straight forward settlement!

I'm leaning towards Mcgregor Settlements at the moment because I actually ride past them on the way to work!

Will let you know how they turn out.

Cheers

$1200-$1400 for a $315k property sounds like they have not given you any discount whatsoever.

discounts are generally in the region of 25-40% depending on purchase price, how much you negotiate the fee and how complicated it is.

Why wouldn't you use a lawyer?

In WA the use of settlement agents on standard resi conveyancing is the norm.

I guess its just one of those state based practices.. Same as our standard resi contracts or Offer & Acceptances forms as its called here in WA, consists of one A4 piece of paper printed on both sides. Not at all like the war and peace novel size contracts in NSW & Vic.

I think WA has one the easiest stream line conveyancing processes in the country.

Last edited:
I think WA has one the easiest stream line conveyancing processes in the country.

I used a lawyer (recommended by a colleague) for my most recent settlement and it still went through late. So may as well use the cheapest you can find and just get it rubber stamped, doesnt seem to make much difference.

I don't think I've ever had a Settlement happen on the day - even one which was me transferring my personal IP to my Trust.

Luckily we have 3 days at no penalty to get it all sorted.

Went and saw McGregor Settlements on Friday. As its a cheaper property got a 40% discount down to $780.

Lets see if we can get it done by settlement day!

Went and saw McGregor Settlements on Friday. As its a cheaper property got a 40% discount down to $780.

Lets see if we can get it done by settlement day!

Nice price - I just got the same on my Land Banking purchase.

Lets see if we can get settlement done by settlement day in 3-5 years time! :)

Last edited:
Just want to benchmark the settlement costs. For a house at $650k, I've been quoted ~$1100 after the 40% discount. If it's on a strata plan +$70

Is this comparable to the costs you guys have got?

Cheers,

Joel

Back