Shameful honesty

If you're going to keep hurling insults at me turk could you at least learn how to use the quote tags so readers can differentiate between your posts and mine? :) Twice in this thread already and it's a pet hate of mine.

Just so typical for property investors to be hopeless when it comes to computers!!**

** May as well live up to the reputation :D

Not hurling insults at all, just pointing out that you like to bag people but you consider that it is fine for yourself to act in exactly the same way.

Zealots tend to be blinkered to this type of action.

I'm completely apologetic for trangressing against your pet hate, let me know of any others, hate to upset such a precious petal again.

hobo , whats "the reputation" you have given yourself:D

I just wish you were standing there last week and had the guts to say that to his face. There would have been at least 10 people in the room (including me) who would have happily carried you outside and flogged you like a mongrel dog. How's that for calling a spade a ******** shovel.

Fark! Is this how dissenters are treated over in WA? Sounds like Queensland in the 80's under Joh- leader of the hillbillies and collective yes men cronies.

I enjoyed sitting in on part of his corruption trial.

I agree with him. FHB shouldn't be looking at brand new 4 bed 2 bath homes! That is just stupid!!!

When I'm looking at properties I just browse for 1 bedroom apartments/units.

The only time I recall painting a group of people with the same brush has been in jest to a post in kind, e.g. http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=791227&postcount=64

If I like to do it then it shouldn't be hard for you to find an example?

How about I try really, really hard and go back 5 posts

Quote hobo-jo

"Just so typical for property investors to be hopeless when it comes to computers!!**"

Geez hobo you're a try hard.

Still like to know what "the reputation" is?

I agree with him. FHB shouldn't be looking at brand new 4 bed 2 bath homes! That is just stupid!!!

When I'm looking at properties I just browse for 1 bedroom apartments/units.

It's obviously difficult to work out what FHBs are buying and what changes might be occurring in the size and composition of the stock they are purchasing.

To get that sort of data you would need some sort of government agency collecting statistics.

A bureau, if you will.

It's obviously difficult to work out what FHBs are buying and what changes might be occurring in the size and composition of the stock they are purchasing.

To get that sort of data you would need some sort of government agency collecting statistics.

A bureau, if you will.

"For example, the average age of the household reference person remained in the early 30s."

"Partnering commonly precedes home buying, although people living alone
comprised around one-fifth of all first home buyer households with a mortgage in both 1995-96 and 2005-06. In both years more than two-thirds of all first home buyer households with a mortgage were couple family households, and about half of those households included dependent children."

It looks like a good chunk of FHB already have children or I assume would want to have children soon seeing as they are mainly couples in their early thirties. Maybe that's why they go for slightly bigger homes?

I didn't realise people waited soo long to get their first home :eek: I thought people bought a small crappy unit/apartment during their early to mid-twenties and then upgrade in their late twenties/early thirties when they start a family.

Clearly you have no understanding of the word jest and can't pickup on intended irony. Are you over 40? I find that age group struggle with such things!

Only need to go back 1 post this time as you can see, or are the blinkers in your way

Quote hobo-jo

"Just so typical for property investors to be hopeless when it comes to computers!!**"

at least be rasonable Turk
blind freddy could see that was not serious, taking the ****, and on purpose

hobo, here you are agreeing with BLY

Great post buzzlightyear, my sentiments exactly. Brushes are used to paint all sorts, First Home Buyers, specific generations, investors, usually done so based on our very limited personal experiences

hobo, here you painting away with your very limited personal experiences.

Clearly you have no understanding of the word jest and can't pickup on intended irony. Are you over 40? I find that age group struggle with such things!

hobo I completely understand the meaning of jest

Here's a definition of jest to help you

jest [dʒɛst]
n
1. something done or said for amusement; joke
2. a frivolous mood or attitude; playfulness; fun to act in jest
3. a jeer or taunt
4. an object of derision; laughing stock; butt
vb
1. to act or speak in an amusing, teasing, or frivolous way; joke
2. to make fun of (a person or thing); scoff or mock
[variant of gest]
jestful adj
jesting adj & n
jestingly adv

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/jest

Please stop teasing us and tell us what "THE REPUTATION" is,
we are dying to know.

Just jesting you:rolleyes:

Quote hobo-jo

Turk you started it first.

Debate the issues, not the poster.

Turk you started it first.

Debate the issues, not the poster.

IV

In my post you quoted I answered HBJ's question to find where he painted a group with a broad brush.

As to asking about "the reputation", he claimed to have this in the same post,
he raised this claim not me.

I am just curious as to what this reputation is that he claims to have.

I would have thought HBJ was in with the personal attacks with posts such as these,

hobo-jo
"Back on topic.

Personally I've always thought Dazz the type to call a spade a spade. This thread has certainly opened my eyes somewhat."

"Funny stuff Dazz. Got his phone number? I'd like to give him a call and request a copy of this "First home buyers expectations" research that you refer to. Sounds like interesting reading." End Quote

Sounds more like sarcasm being thrown about than being back on topic.

Cheers

Pete

IV

In my post you quoted I answered HBJ's question to find where he painted a group with a broad brush.

As to asking about "the reputation", he claimed to have this in the same post,
he raised this claim not me.

I am just curious as to what this reputation is that he claims to have.

I would have thought HBJ was in with the personal attacks with posts such as these,

hobo-jo
"Back on topic.

Personally I've always thought Dazz the type to call a spade a spade. This thread has certainly opened my eyes somewhat."

"Funny stuff Dazz. Got his phone number? I'd like to give him a call and request a copy of this "First home buyers expectations" research that you refer to. Sounds like interesting reading." End Quote

Sounds more like sarcasm being thrown about than being back on topic.

Cheers

Pete

Yes agreed, maybe its time for the Moderators, to start mowing through all the posts in various threads that are directed at individual posters, rather than contributing to the thread.

The Rig Pig & The Premier

Honest comment from a politician - views like this is why he enjoys a strong power base in WA. He'd be burned at stake in Tasmania or Victoria no doubt, but honesty goes down a treat on this side of the paddock.

Sure does.....

Now what was it Lang Hancock famously said about the Wittenoom mine workers? Ah, thats right "You need to break eggs to make omelettes". With that sort of honesty I'm sort of glad that Rose got him in the end.

After living here now for 14 years.....yep I love the place and will never leave. But a lot of the people here do unfortunately have minds inversely proportional to the size of the state.....:eek: And thats not a generalisation either unlike a great majority of comments posted on this thread. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

And the poor old Perth FHB's wont have to worry soon....with a listed housing stock 50% over *normal* there is only one way it's going.....regardless of the mining Kerboom bulldust.

And as for Collin......pretty much as I'd expect....must have been a slow news day. Bumped into him at KTA airport when he was doing the Cities of the Pilbara gig with all the developers.....a lot shorter than I expected for all the noise he makes....:p

Feel free now to rip right in....

Cheers

Nor

Happy to be labelled a rig pig

After living here now for 14 years.....yep I love the place and will never leave. But a lot of the people here do unfortunately have minds inversely proportional to the size of the state.....:eek: And thats not a generalisation either

Norwester,

When you make those statements you are standing on the shoulders of giants who have made the NW the powerhouse it is today. People like Sir Charles Court, Lang Hancock, Kim Beazley and a bunch of BHP / Rio / Woodside and WAPET boys.

Without their 'small mindedness' as you put it, you wouldn't be living there and obviously enjoying the benefits it brings.

Rather than deride, belittle and criticize, like most Australians sitting back comfortably in their tiny patch, always have a want to do, perhaps a mere thank you in recognition of the giants massive life's work and efforts would be more appropriate.

I know in our culture it's oh so clever to disrespect politicians....but once you meet a few of the outstanding ones who sacrifice a hell of a lot for probably less pay than what you are on, without the filtering thru some pinko lefto journalists and news editor's warped eyes, it becomes quite apparent that quite a few of them, betwixt weighing up competing priorities, usually make the right choices.

Does a politician ever say anything to a reporter that he doesn't think will increase his appeal to the general populace?

The media moguls make the decision on what makes the cut. Are there whole generations of whinning first home buyers out there telling everyone how hard it is to get their first home?

I have certainly heard people say that it's hard, but they want to make it happen. I have a nephew with a disability who has a little unit when his parents expected to have to support him for life. I have had collegues at work give reasons that sound like excuses to me, but it's what they believe and I can't convince them otherwise.

Threads like this are simply responding to the vocal minority which through modern media has been amplified to appear to be the majority.

Our company employs thousands of people from different backgrounds and generations. If the stories about Gen Y were true there would be no young rising stars within the organisation, and courts would be full of discrimination cases from Gen Y's being kept out of employment.

There will always be generalisations, and there will always be minorities who push their own agendas. There are even some on Somersoft. :eek: :rolleyes:

The fact the thread exists usually points to a particular bias by the originator and this being the case a likely highjacking by others with the opposing view. You can't expect to declare a position on an open forum and then not have that position challenged.

We should play the ball not the person even if the person is a dufus. :p

Am I alone in having an extraordinarily difficult time trying to work out what this near-100 post thread is about any more?

Back