sheesh .... men!!

My wife is forever telling me to clear out the garage. I just tell her that we should clean out her wardrobes first. It doesnt go any further

That's the problem with wives, they don't think outside the square. The solution is simple.......

Get a BIGGER garage :D

~~hastily looks over shoulder to ensure wife not looking over it~~;)

That's the problem with wives, they don't think outside the square. The solution is simple.......

Get a BIGGER garage :D
Does the garage ever get big enough to hold CARS? :confused: We have three cars in the household and none of them are in our double garage... :rolleyes: :D

micro brewery, check
tool bench, check
spare washer & dryer, check
bikes, check
another tool bench, check
tool chest, check
another tool chest, check
barbecue, check
another barbecue, check
3rd barbecue, check
rip saw, check
table saw, check
snow thrower, check
lawn mower, check
whipper snipper, check
weed whacker, check
drill press, check
spare packing boxes, check
spare tool bench, check
drill kit, check
snow shovels, check
ice salt, check
oil tank, check
collapsible swimming pool, check
umbrella, check
chainsaw, check
bow saw, check
power tool cupboard, check
spare power tools cupboard, check
2*4 timber, check
2*6 timber, check
tomato pots, check
3rd tool chest, check
emergency winter driving pack, check
nailer, check

When did cars start to go in garages ?

Does the garage ever get big enough to hold CARS? :confused: We have three cars in the household and none of them are in our double garage... :rolleyes: :D

LOL,
We have 2 cars and a triple car garage and have never been able to get a car in there. My wife hates it, especially when trying to get my son out of the car seat in the pouring rain.

Hah, we have almost nothing useful in the shed - just a pile of old fascias and iron from the old roof, and a pile of wood that used to be tankstands, which the termites are getting stuck into. Should see the little buggers run when we put the wood in the fire. Got a bunch of old bikes and rotting cupboards and stuff too, slowly subsiding into termite poo. When I bought this house it was full of wigs and huge shoes and about 50 empty bags. But then my shed is this enormous 10x20m *thing* made from recycled everything (it has solid hardwood 130yo house trusses in the roof but the rest of it is junk), leaks like a sieve and when it rains the water rushes through the middle of it from the road behind. I want to strip it, clad it in shadecloth and put in raised beds for veggies and build a new shed on a foot high pile of compacted gravel.

I have a large cupboard full of screws, nails, fittings and powertools ... in my kitchen. All the larger tools like rakes, shovels etc in the laundry. Electrical stuff in the study. A scaffold, wrecking bar and sledgehammer in the bathroom. Leftover paint in a cupboard in the bedroom. Several ladders in the hallway. Useable wooden offcuts on the front verandah. When we rip the floors out of the new house I'll have a roofspace full of old baltic, since they'll just get eaten if they go in the shed.

I need a new shed :(

... and I'm not a bloke ...

We have 2 cars and a triple car garage and have never been able to get a car in there. My wife hates it, especially when trying to get my son out of the car seat in the pouring rain.
When I read of flash houses with 7-car garages, I think "man, that's a lot of tools, timber offcuts, cardboard boxes, and other stuff" ;)

When I read of flash houses with 7-car garages, I think "man, that's a lot of tools, timber offcuts, cardboard boxes, and other stuff" ;)

While I, on the other hand think "Oh how nice to have all that space to get some extra training in.":D

Our 2 car garage has.....surprisingly, 2 cars in it.

Of course, the Harley stays locked up inside the house, nice and cosy under it's electric blanket. The garage doesn't cut the mustard. :) It's a guy thing.

Our 2 car garage has.....surprisingly, 2 cars in it.

Of course, the Harley stays locked up inside the house, nice and cosy under it's electric blanket. The garage doesn't cut the mustard. :) It's a guy thing.

I managed to get one of the cars back in the garage last week. I'm very over having 2 bikes in one of our bedrooms though. Grease streaks on the carpet.

My wife is forever telling me to clear out the garage. I just tell her that we should clean out her wardrobes first. It doesnt go any further

I cleaned out my wardorbe today. Without even nagging my hubby started to clean out the garage. Thanks for the tip shady.

I can get one car in the two car garage. The workshop and the shed hold the boys bits! Oh and the stolen car space? Filled with excess furniture (that the boys can use when and if they ever move out) kayaks and bikes.

Oh and don't think that its mine or my husbands car in the garage. No, its a partially stripped down clapped out Rangie....That Master 24 will fix when he has enough spare time. No need to hurry when you've got Mum or Dad's car to use. :rolleyes:

Hah, some friends of ours have several large sheds and they are ALL full of other people's furniture, or furniture they've bought to restore but haven't quite done yet, or stuff to renovate the house with that hasn't been used yet. Their cars are parked in the yard, and the wife is ALWAYS complaining about it :rolleyes:

I'll get you a tissue...

Lol, You wouldnt say that to my face I can tell you that.

I dont take any kind of offence to your 'comment' Kramer like you'd like me to because I know that people who find joy out of ridiculing others and trying to make them feel bad are unfulfilled individuals in life finding it hard to discover true happiness, there are plenty of people like this, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that.

Ive kept out of this discussion any further for that reason alone, its not my problem and I dont take offence to these types of people because Id be lowering myself and I believe that Im much better than that.
Have a great day ;)

ahhh - not quite. although he did spend a good part of today sorting out the garage ... but considering he put everything to one side, outside, that he wanted to put into storage (while filling up the trailer and creating heaps of firewood) - only to have a sudden and violent storm come over.

now all his "storage" stuff is wet ... the circular saw is currently drying in front of the fire.

hopefully it might encourage him to actually throw out the 25yr old windsurfer that he hasn't used in over 10 years ;) .

and before i get howled down - i've thrown out around 4 trailer loads of my stuff from inside the house. all the half decent stuff went to the women's refuge.

What an uncouth lout... working 50-60 hours a week so his wife has the option of staying home and looking after their young child.

How dare he have any idiosynchracies of his own :D

Back