Shipping container on block.

A family member has discovered a shipping container placed on her vacant block of land which has been sold,with settlement just a few days off.
She asked the neighbour how long it has been there,was told 10 to 14 days.
Of course no real harm has been done but permission was not asked for and she is just shocked to discover this.
Can anything be done about it, charge them rent or is it best to just ignore.?
Any thoughts please.

A family member has discovered a shipping container placed on her vacant block of land which has been sold,with settlement just a few days off.
She asked the neighbour how long it has been there,was told 10 to 14 days.
Of course no real harm has been done but permission was not asked for and she is just shocked to discover this.
Can anything be done about it, charge them rent or is it best to just ignore.?
Any thoughts please.

if you ignore tools like this will keep doing it...

call a tow truck that has lugs to tie down containers and take it away off your land to their holding compound.

notify the police you are doing this and get a reference number from the coppers that you called.

it would already be gone to a compound if it was my block.

you have every right to have the container removed if you want.

vacant or not the land is yours not someone elses.

id be removing and charging the owner big timee.

cheeky buggers some people...its not the money involved, its the principal of doing the right thing when it comes to someones property that doesnt belong to them but they use it without permission...

over the years i have called tow trucks to remove vehicles from our warehouse car park after continual abuse by local shoppers who push the wrong buttons with me when i ask them courteously not to park on private property unless they are doing business with my company...at times the car park is required when loading trucks......same deal as above..ring the coppers, get a ref etc.........

its your call i guess....

After a phone call to the No on the container we find it is the purchaser of the block ,not yet settled, who has put it there .Cheeky eh?

over the years i have called tow trucks to remove vehicles from our warehouse car park after continual abuse by local shoppers who push the wrong buttons with me when i ask them courteously not to park on private property unless they are doing business with my company...at times the car park is required when loading trucks......same deal as above..ring the coppers, get a ref etc.........

it's not quite the same but... I have always really liked the look of a pool place I drive past often. one day in June I was heading out of town with some luggage on the roof and a cord tying it on was flapping so I pulled into their drive, left the motor running whilst I spent about a minute (literally) tying the cord on. It was a ghost town and I was actually surprised when the owner came out as I didn't think it was even open - he starts giving me a serve about this and that and I said sorry my motors still running I'll be right off...and he keeps at it! so if he was worried about losing customers he's right becuase I will never go there that's for sure.

parking all day is obviously not good tho!

Back