Shipping kitchen from Sydney to Junee

A friend just called me up, she is trying to get a flatpax kitchen from Ikea Rhodes to Junee NSW (near wagga)

Ikea have quoted $1000,

surely there is a cheaper way at around $250 to get it shipped???

anyone got any ideas for her?

other then her hiring a ute/van herself, I have no idea

A friend just called me up, she is trying to get a flatpax kitchen from Ikea Rhodes to Junee NSW (near wagga)

Ikea have quoted $1000,

Furniture removalists tend to be cheaper. Try that.

very good, I just called one random one to see what they cost and it came in at $500,

pretty good, ill let her know, thats a good start

Look on gumtree. Type in backloads Junee / Sydney or places in that direction like wagga wagga and see what comes up. A lot of removalists post ads on there when they have trucks to fill.

+1 to removalists - particularly a back load if you can get one.

I live in Cairns and have ordered a few large items off the internet from Adeliade, Brisbane and Sydney and they've used removalists for the delivery as opposed to couriers. Works out to be quite a lot cheaper.

+1 to removalists - particularly a back load if you can get one.

I live in Cairns and have ordered a few large items off the internet from Adeliade, Brisbane and Sydney and they've used removalists for the delivery as opposed to couriers. Works out to be quite a lot cheaper.

And safer!

Never use couriers for big stuff if you can avoid it unless it is on a pallet.

Ikea have quoted $1000,

Try this online courier service. http://www.interparcel.com.au/quote/ I've used it several times for various pickup and deliveries and found it very affordable and quick. They also do pallet deliveries .... and you can track the order at each step of the process.

Mystery

Ikea have quoted $1000,

Not sure if there are any ships running between Rhodes and Junee anymore. :eek:

Theres a company that does specifically from Ikea to Canberra approx once a week- might be worth checking if they do out to Junee area as well.

Back