Shootem Ups

Anyone into computer games mainly the genre of 'Shootem Ups'?

Wondering whether to get Call of Duty Ghosts or Battlefield 4. Secondly, I hope to find more nerds that enjoy firing loads of ammunition into enemy personnel in a virtualised environment.

Anyway, seeyas soon.

I bought an xbox about 2 years ago to relive my childhood and played a few of the most popular games.................I sold the xbox a few weeks later,

the games are too damn complicated!!!!

now I feel old

Depends on the platform, if its computer then BF4 if its console CoD but buy a Xim :) nothing like playing console with a keyboard and mouse.

Depends on the platform, if its computer then BF4 if its console CoD but buy a Xim :) nothing like playing console with a keyboard and mouse.

Agreed Deuce. I don't understand people that play Shootem ups on console, you just double click L or R3 and your instantly locked on, wheres the skill in that?

I'm addicted to the Battlefield franchise since BF3, after being affiliated with COD from 3 - BOps2.

Any know of any other sweet games coming out this year?

I've revisited games as the kids grow up and I need to understand what they are on about.

Browser based uberstrike is quite popular for a quick fix. No storyline to speak of but you can't complain for the price and lack of need to download/install.

Bioshock series are fun if you want story. I like the Fallout series too for the atmosphere and immersion.

PC only for me. Consoles are not my thing.

Cheers,

Kenny

PS> PT Bear, thanks for the headsup on Chris Roberts. I wasted a LOT of time on Wing Commander...when I wasn't addicted to the SW: TIE fighter and the X-Wing one before it back in the early 90's.

Good times.

BF3 currently, looking forward to PS4 and BF4.

Don't play much in the way of computer games right now, used to only play PC (and looked down upon the console plebs :p), however as my time schedule as shrunk over time I've found that consoles are much more accesible for gaming for short periods of time (and meeting up with friends in a reasonable amount of time.)

Mate, with a Xim the only people who are a threat to me are Snipers with their auto-hack button. Xim is the only reason I bought a Xbox to start with to play with my workmates, they got upset after I obliterated them and their "superior" controllers.

DayZ is the only thing to keep me interested these days tho, hopefully when the stand-alone comes out it will be less hackable and more hardcore.

Well.....

A few years ago bf2 on pc was a way of life.
Now its bf3 and all the expansions on ps3 online when i get time inbetween work and somersoft.
Looking forward to bf4 and if its ps4 by then even better.

Still my alltime fav and highly addictive game to date.

Cheers

DayZ is great. Really needs the standalone to be polished for the experience to be complete. It's say a lot about the concept of a game when people will play a heavily hacked, glitchy, vertical learning curve game and enjoy it so much.

DayZ is great. Really needs the standalone to be polished for the experience to be complete. It's say a lot about the concept of a game when people will play a heavily hacked, glitchy, vertical learning curve game and enjoy it so much.

And not to mention the dreaded PERMADEATH!

Permadeath IMHO is the most important feature in the game, making players a lot more cautious and 'realistic'.

Makes trolling people oh so much more fun, too. :D

Anyone into computer games mainly the genre of 'Shootem Ups'?

Wondering whether to get Call of Duty Ghosts or Battlefield 4. Secondly, I hope to find more nerds that enjoy firing loads of ammunition into enemy personnel in a virtualised environment.

Anyway, seeyas soon.

Out of those 2 i would have to say that battlefield 4 would be the best choice.
Borderlands 1 & 2 are another good shootem up
So is Hitman Absolution.
A good Free-2-Play, Multi-player Only One is Urban Terror

~ From my 15 yr old son

Day Z, how good a concept is it! Once it goes standalone I will be buying. Did you know it was produced by a NZ soldier, well the rumour says.

Ahaha I doubt Rocket ever served, but yes he is a NZ'er that was freelancing for Bohemia Interactive now he is lead on DayZ SA because they sold double the amount of copies what aram II originally sold.

Permadeath IMHO is the most important feature in the game, making players a lot more cautious and 'realistic'.

Makes trolling people oh so much more fun, too. :D

Its the only reason I will sit and camp the strip for 2hrs for ***** and giggles with my clan. Before the hacks came the game was pure carnage in its finest, I hope rocket as stuck to the roots and made it hard as ****.

Once you could turn buildings off client side I would just server hop killing campers sitting inside buildings in elctro killing newbies that didn't even know they were there.

Any game that is made hardcore only these days will get my attention inside the casual 30min bubble we seem to be in.

I liked the fact that if you had good Orienteering skills outside the game, you were a god when everyone was new. I could get from anywhere to the strip in 20mins flat and be fully geared by the time I got there. So permadeath to me just meant someone better then me reaped the rewards for 20 mins before I makarov them in the back of the head.

Co-ordination between a clan was also awesome, raiding teams to get supplies while 2 over-watch teams kept look out. Sadly 2 months after release it turned to **** but o well.

Back