Should I must pay an invoice ?

Why are you dudes bothering with this person. She clearly believes she is entitled to free services and will not listen to anyone that doesn't tell her what she wants to hear.

NEXT!

Here's my story. My (ex) girlfriend - we briefly remained friends after breaking up (stupid move on my part) - would ask me for financial advice, which I gave her for free. My choice. Anyway, she was a massage therapist, so one time I asked her for a massage. She told me 'Yeah, no problem, I'll give you mate's rates - $50'.

I said to her 'I give you advice that would have cost you hundreds of dollars if you had to pay for it!' to which she replied 'I didn't ask you to give it to me for free, you did so of your own free will.' I knew she was right. So I kept my mouth shut until the next time she asked for some financial advice and told her 'If you want advice, I'll give you mate's rates - $150 an hour.' She laughed and said 'fair enough' and didn't ask for any advice after that.

So that was the end of that chapter.

Why are you dudes bothering with this person. She clearly believes she is entitled to free services and will not listen to anyone that doesn't tell her what she wants to hear.

NEXT!

Here's my story. My (ex) girlfriend - we briefly remained friends after breaking up (stupid move on my part) - would ask me for financial advice, which I gave her for free. My choice. Anyway, she was a massage therapist, so one time I asked her for a massage. She told me 'Yeah, no problem, I'll give you mate's rates - $50'.

I said to her 'I give you advice that would have cost you hundreds of dollars if you had to pay for it!' to which she replied 'I didn't ask you to give it to me for free, you did so of your own free will.' I knew she was right. So I kept my mouth shut until the next time she asked for some financial advice and told her 'If you want advice, I'll give you mate's rates - $150 an hour.' She laughed and said 'fair enough' and didn't ask for any advice after that.

So that was the end of that chapter.

I believe Judge Judy would've crucified her for that!

How dare she charge you. :mad:

These people that accept things out of the goodness of your heart, knowing they should really be paying for them & then turn around & use the excuse 'I didn't make you do it'....well, they should be slapped from here into next Tuesday!

Where's their sense of pride!?! :eek:

They are obviously the 'takers' of the world & view other 'givers' as suckers. More's the pity I say as they lose in then end by walking over those who could've been firm & valuable friends.

Glad for your sake, she's an ex :D

Here's 'my' story:

I am lawyer based in Sydney and a distant relative based in WA (to whom i rarely speak or see) sent me an email asking me to look at this long employment contract. I spent hours going over it. This is my job and I look at contracts all day. I don't like doing it, but I have to work somewhere.

The relative (distant) was being offered good money too. I sent the distant relative an invoice - no make that a statement of account. That was over 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard back since. She must be busy working with the seven dwarfs. I don't know what's wrong.

Here's 'my' story:

I am lawyer based in Sydney and a distant relative based in WA (to whom i rarely speak or see) sent me an email asking me to look at this long employment contract. I spent hours going over it. This is my job and I look at contracts all day. I don't like doing it, but I have to work somewhere.

The relative (distant) was being offered good money too. I sent the distant relative an invoice - no make that a statement of account. That was over 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard back since. She must be busy working with the seven dwarfs. I don't know what's wrong.

Were you whistling while you worked ;)

Why would a law firm give advice for nothing with the possiblilty of you suing them later. Think of part of that $2000 going towards Continuing Legal Education, Professional Indeminity insurance, practising certificate, secretary wage, receptionist wage, lease on expensive high rise office building (cause some clients get a warm and fuzzy feeling dealing with cbd based law firms with sweeping marble clad foyers).

Ooooohhhhh yeah baby.....when you're on the receiving end of some of this, lemme tell ya, there's a warm and fuzzy moment about every 5 minutes.

Long may it continue.

That's a sad one Mark even the Asian Ladies that run a "Massage"Business up the street only charge $50.00 and they are all stunners,better luck next time..willair..

I believe Judge Judy would've crucified her for that!

How dare she charge you. :mad:

These people that accept things out of the goodness of your heart, knowing they should really be paying for them & then turn around & use the excuse 'I didn't make you do it'....well, they should be slapped from here into next Tuesday!

Where's their sense of pride!?! :eek:

They are obviously the 'takers' of the world & view other 'givers' as suckers. More's the pity I say as they lose in then end by walking over those who could've been firm & valuable friends.

Glad for your sake, she's an ex :D

Hi Mary (or Mat or both!),

I agreed with her, actually. It was my choice to provide her with free advice, she was under no obligation to return the favour. Keep in mind, we had broken up by this stage. When we were still dating, I got free massages. The 'extras' I paid for with my sanity.

That's a sad one Mark even the Asian Ladies that run a "Massage"Business up the street only charge $50.00 and they are all stunners,better luck next time..willair..

Hahahaha Will, how's this:

1. She's Asian
2. She is (or was, I haven't seen her for about 5 years) a stunner

As far as the price, she used to charge $70 for a massage.

Here's 'my' story:

you were dealing with the brothers grim!

Hi Mary (or Mat or both!),

I agreed with her, actually. It was my choice to provide her with free advice, she was under no obligation to return the favour. Keep in mind, we had broken up by this stage. When we were still dating, I got free massages. The 'extras' I paid for with my sanity.

Hi Mark,

This is the bit that 'gets' me...nice people (like us) are fine with 'doing the right thing' & helping someone out. But when the shoe's on the other foot (or massage table), these 'victims' have no problem asking us for money!!!

(I use the word 'victim' to describe these people b/c I think they believe that life owes them a living & people like us should pay their way!)

Here's to you finding a great lady who gives free rubs ;)
I guess the shine wore off the 'extras' or you'd still be with her ;)

Back