SIG Meeting Monday July 23rd 2007 - Peter Koulizos

Thank you, Cherry Pro. I was hoping some kind person would list the suburbs :) Heard Peter talk at last year's Property and Investment Expo in Melbourne - very enjoyable and sensible speaker. Time permitting, are you able to list some of the reasons Peter gave?

Cheers,
The Green Goblin

Thankyou David for not having it on a Tuesday night. I was naughty & didn't let anyone know I was coming, but really glad I came. Twas a good night.

anyone interested in sharing RP Data for SA (Adelaide)?

1. Thanks to David (Perky29) for organising the meeting - very educational and informative. Thanks to Peter Koulizos for coming from Adelaide.

2. Those who were at the meeting last night might recall PK talked about RP Data. If you are a student of the property school then you can get discounted access to RP Data which is a great tool for looking at properties from afar.

Since we are interested in checking out properties in Adelaide in the next few months, I thought if a group of us are interested in the same thing then we can share the cost of RP Data subscription. I am not sure if anyone would be interested in doing this, but I thought I would raise it here just in case. Equally, I am happy to join a group if someone has already done this. Over a year ago when we bought our IP in Brisbane, I found a person who organised this and joined him (at very reasonable cost) and it saved us a lot of time and effort before we inspected each property.

The subscription cost is for the whole of SA and the same as outlined in this thread http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31658&highlight=data. If there is a group of us interested in doing this, then RP Data invoices one person (who collects money from everyone) and sets up a login and password. Access hopefully should not be a major problem as each person in the group is likely to log in at different times. The same procedure worked well for me when I was in the Brisbane group - I did not have many problems when I was doing the searches.

However, if anyone who currently has RP Data subscription for Adelaide and would like to reduce its cost then let me know, I will consider paying you for some access.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I attended my first Somersoft meeting yesterday and I'm glad to say it was time well spent. As it was my first, it was tricky to break into the groups for a conversation but I was lucky there were a few other newbie’s and it was a good to have a chat.

Trev

Hi Trev,

glad you enjoyed your first meeting.

Don't be concerned about breaking into conversations, we're all a friendly bunch.

I still think we should all wear name tags to make introductions a bit easier for the newer people

Hi

Think name tags are called for - or at least a round of introductions but
it was a good evening (despite me getting lost on my way out of Glebe).

The reasons Peter gave for his choice of individual suburbs were varied ...
proximity to the CBD and proximity to the water were the two
reasons he cited. He said capital growth will largely depend on :
- where it is (proximity to CBD, sea or prime suburb)
- what it is (size of land / character)

He then gave his reasons for each suburb but I haven't made any note
of those.

For those looking to buy in Adelaide, Peter mentioned he was happy to field calls from investors (he said he spoke faster than he spoke) so Perky might help with a contact number.

Cheers

It would be great if someone could give us a report:)

Sorry to miss it but moving when the removalists don't turn up as planned blew the day:(

Hi Guys,

I am looking at buying a IP so this came at a good time. I was meant to be going to this meeting and I was dissapointed that I couldnt make it. I got called in from Work last minute. Anyway whilst looking at these suburbs I have created a very simple table showing suburb, median 'house' value, and long term trend. I was just looking for a brief overview so thats all that is included. Its a good starting giude if your thinking of following peters tips..

Anyway I have attached it I think..

Cheers :)

Attachments

• top10.xls
    17.5 KB · Views: 108
Thanks for organising this night Dave- as usual, I learnt something new and never having known anything about Adelaide, it was quite enlightening.

The Port certainly sounds like it has promise....

Nice to catch up with everyone as well and I second the idea of wearing name tags- let's do this next time :)

Yes, thanks David for organising. It was great to catch up with everyone.

I think name tags are a good idea and I'm looking forward to the next social night when we can just have a good chat.

Cheers
Julie

I agree - can someone get their hands on stickers or something of the like? We can have them at the door, and people can collect and stick to themselves.

Forgot to mention, if anyone wants a copy please PM me your email address and I can send. The adelaide file is over 7 meg though (as it had that development example).

Hi Trev,

glad you enjoyed your first meeting.

Don't be concerned about breaking into conversations, we're all a friendly bunch.

I still think we should all wear name tags to make introductions a bit easier for the newer people

Hi Jo,

It's cool...I'm new and am shy (NOT) :)

I like the idea about name tags for such sessions makes sense to put a face to a cyber name....lol.

And in reply to Alex's post:
Forum: dedfred
Name: Trevor Brewty

Thanks guys

Back