silly question

Hi All

I know this should be a place to post questions and discussions about where to buy, but I was wondering what about places that are a definitely no no? especially around sydney.

If it's a stupid question please feel free to tell me. I'm still out here learning.

Tanks
wwwqi

Hi wwwqi.

Perhaps if you mention some of these suburbs, you might get some responses based on peoples experiences.

Regards
Marty

deoends some people would say mt druitt bad, but why? coz it isnt the northern beaches? i reckon all areas are good in different ways... some areas are rough but theres still money to be had. if your after a nono i would say no no area is ultimo unilodge, or overpriced stock in up market sydney suburbs at this point...

My first post as a newbie though here goes.

I would like to answer with a question.

I have been thinking that property is overpriced when the gross return < 6%.

Why 6%?? Just a percentage that is closest to the current market interest rate that is still achievable in the current market. (ie 220k need to gross at least 253/week in rent)

I'm not saying that this is right but would like some of the more experienced folks on this forum to help respond to whether this would be a "realistic" assumption of whether this could be used as an indicator of overpriced or right-price? (obviously Captial Gain doesn't factor into this nor does scope for yield to improve but then thats why I'm a newbie)

Thoughts????

nice post qonyx, im a newbie too, but that's one of my current criteria when looking for IP as well.
What do ppl think of granville?

If i had money to buy in homebush west... I would wait a bit longer to buy in eastern suburbs like randwick etc. Close to the beach and happenings. The price is comparable.

Back