Simple, Healthy and Delicious

It's the kissing disease,your skills may lack luster atm but in the meantime,water melons are great for carving figurines.

This reminds me of the salad I made tonight. It was a bit of a 'cupboard' salad

- half tin of corn kernals
- half tin of 3-4 bean mix
- 10 halved cherry tomatoes
- half an avocado chopped into chunks
- juice from a lime
- salt/pepper

Mix everything but the avocado and squeeze the lime over it. Add the avocado and gently mix through.

My kids enjoyed it in wraps with shredded chicken, lettuce and some cheese for dinner tonight.

Myf
I do the one with corn kernals, but no 3-4 bean mix, got that from J Oliver, I will try it your way.... noice.

japanese noodles with lime pepper salmon.

make a paste of salt and pounded up peppercorns in the mortar and pestle with juice of a lime.
spread on salmon steak in a zip lock bag and leave for 20 mins.
eighter fry on a non stick pan or wrap in foil parcels and cook in very hot oven for 15 mins to steam cook

slice up capsicum, snow peas, baby corn, carrots and shallots. quick fry and add hot soba noodles and top with soba dipping sauce (both from the asian section of coles. but better sauces are from an asian grocery)

place the salmon on your soba noodles and enjoy.

Luuuuv Salmon, that sounds great and easy.:)

How much are you paying for coconut sugar property_girl ?

Sadly I dont have a local asian grocery/deli.

My first lot came from here. A bit expensive but it's a great alternative to conventional sugar for the sweet tooth.

1 kg will last me a couple or three months though.
Unless we make cakes/slice with it.

How much are you paying for coconut sugar property_girl ?

Sadly I dont have a local asian grocery/deli.

My first lot came from here. A bit expensive but it's a great alternative to conventional sugar for the sweet tooth.

1 kg will last me a couple or three months though.
Unless we make cakes/slice with it.

Your price isn't too bad. Mine comes in a block which you have to grate. I think the last block I bought was about $5. I've thrown out the wrapper, so sorry I can't give you more detail. It comes from the Philippines. The same shop also sells really cheap creamed coconut. I use that to make coconut yoghurt, which is super-expensive in the shops.

If you buy it in a health food store or Coles, it is very expensive. But if you go to your local Asian grocery/deli it is cheap.

Buy online,it's cheaper...

Btw off topic?I read an article where in a nsw asian restaurant they charged asians 2$ cheaper for a dish as food menus were written in asian.

Most engrish speaking punters could not interpret,hence they paid 2$ more for a raw prawn.

Imo,that is just crab!

Palm sugar and coconut sugar are two different types of natural sweeteners. Coconut sugar comes from the buds of coconut tree flowers. Palm sugar is from the sap of the Date Palm.

Simplest dinner - bunch of vegies, some potatoes, a few pieces of chicken (or any other meat). Put onto a steam-safe plate. Add herbs, chilli, lemon, salt.

Put into steamer.

Come back 15mins later.

Dessert - easy to eat fruit like oranges, bananas, etc.

To save on washing, don't wash the plate - just rinse with boiling water and reuse it. It won't start to stink until around 2-3 weeks.

This was basically my entire diet at uni.

Fences All in Omlette.

Ingredients:
1/2 onion chopped
1/4 capsicum (mix of red and green) chopped
3 or 4 mushrooms (4-5cm) chopped
1 clove garlic crushed
1 bacon rasher chopped
1/2 roma tomato chopped.
small qty of chopped spinach
1/2 fresh avocado chopped
Grated cheeze
1 tblsp Olive/Coconut oil
2 or 3 eggs
dash of full fat cream.

Method:
Beat eggs with cream & set aside

Slice off fat from bacon, chop and reduce the fat in a nonstick frypan.

Set bacon meat aside.

Add to frypan, olive/cocunut oil along with onion, capsicum, mushrooms & garlic.
Fry up for a few minutes to brown and soften ingredients tossing regularly.

Add chopped bacon, tomato, spinach & fry for another minute fairly hot while tossing.
Reduce heat to low then add beaten eggs drizzling all over pan ingredients evenly.

Add some cracked pepper to taste.

Add avocado and some grated cheeze over the top.
Let cook on low a few minutes until egg begins to harden.

Carefully turn out omlette onto a plate flipping one half over the other. Or alternatively flip over half in the pan first.

Enjoy!

I eat this almost every morning, keeps me going all day ! :)

Sometimes we cook more than enough potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin the night before and use these chopped up next morning adding with the bacon and tomato for a shared between 2 bigger omlette (4 eggs).

Mr F
That's nice. I always buy middle cut bacon as less fat, but Mr MTR likes the other, and does not cut off fat:)

Back