Sinking house!

Hi Jacque
Wow! that's around 12% up on market.
Do you think that it was a "one off "or is there that kind of strength starting to appear in the market place for that area?
Simon

simonjulie said:
Hi Jacque
Wow! that's around 12% up on market.
Do you think that it was a "one off "or is there that kind of strength starting to appear in the market place for that area?
Simon

In MHO, it was a "one off", generated largely by an expensive auction campaign, the fact that it was a MIP sale and the lower end of the market for this area. This is always going to attract more interest- I really feel it wouldn't have achieved it had it been a run of the mill PT sale without the tag of MIP as the promise of a "bargain" property.
Just to put it into perspective, of the 11 auctions on the night, it was the only one that actually sold. Except for 3 which passed in on genuine bids, all others were PI on VB's.

Last edited:
Thanks Jacque
I am not familiar with that part of Sydney.
I was talking to an agent in Forestville yesterday. He said there are lots of buyers out there but they seem to want specific types of property (4 bed 2 bath on level blocks). He said he is starved of listings fitting that critieria.
Simon

Jacque said:
I missed out to a very emotional group of buyers who paid $553K for it! :eek:
Dave, I know you can appreciate how much they overpaid :)
Never mind, I did my figures and had my walk away price. Didn't even get to bid on this one! Maybe next time......

Oh my god you have got to be kidding !!!!
I thought you meant it was 60k over value of what you were willing to pay...going on that your PPOR would have to be worth 700k :D (well not quite but you know what I mean).
The house was on a main road, needing a fair bit of work as well.
I think if I ever sell my house I may have to make it a mortgagee sale to generate the extra attention this one got - obviously the people overpaid as they thought they were buying a bargain????
Unbelievable !!

Back