Site Inspector

Hey all, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum but wasnt sure where to post it. Had a quick question, I have seen a job advertised on SEEK for a Site Inspector for a tax depreciation company but it doesnt list the salary. Just wondering if any of you have any idea roughly how much these Site Inspectors normally earn?

Appreciate it.

Thanks

IF you arent a QS then I expect a site inspector is just a data collector/note taker, so maybe 60k + car allowance?

Depreciator from the forums may know more

I know some people who have done this and generally they get paid a fee per job plus an allowance for travel/accommodation if necessary. Sometimes they get paid per hour but I think that doesn't happen too much as the company gets paid a fixed fee to do the job so also want a fixed fee for the inspector to eliminate any risk of losing money. Best to speak to the company who is advertising it though. I can't comment from my own personal experience as we use our own qualified quantity surveyors and don't use external sources.

Goes to show what happens when you post when tired. I meant to ask what the duties may be. Seems strange that you'd be doing a quantity surveyors job without the right qualifications.

Back