Small things amuse small minds (thats me!)

If your bored have a read of one of my little amusing things of life...

Bit of a long story this one but i'll cut it short.......but its 100% true

Its been a long held belief by myself that my dogs are smart as....

They do all sorts of tricks etc....I even believed that rather than the belief that dogs can only see black/white that my dogs were special and they were fussy with the colour of their two water bowls.

They have two water bowls, one red the other blue.

They only drink from the red bowl so I thought that they must like red......duh!

I have been working late into the night and early mornings the past few days and every hour or so I would go out to the pergola to have a coke and a cancer stick...

It was there over a three night period that I noticed Grant Hackett (the green tree frog) chucking laps in the blue water bowl every night at around 2am.....never swimming in the red bowl....

My dogs are now not as smart as I thought..... But now I must wonder..... can green tree frogs see colour? Just how smart is this green tree frog?

The saga continues...................small things so amuse small minds!

I thought the opposite, that your dogs are smart allowing 'Grant' to do his laps in one bowl & them choosing to drink the 'unswum in' water of the other bowl!

BTW, my cat is smart & will even 'shake' hands with me in the morning when we wake up, then again when I get her food out of her special drawer...as I know how you loooove cats, I can PM you updates of the clever things she does during the day if you like!!! :) ....ooops, that's not the sarcasm smily face....

Upon reflection, she does fall off the fence a lot & misses her footing jumping on & off things so maybe the paw-shake is her smoke & mirrors for pretending she's smart

Last edited:
my cat isnt smart

My cat still wonders where her food bowl is, its been in the same place it was put when we moved in 3 years ago. Dumb as.

Cats name is Missy, she whinges alot so hubbie now calls her Misery.

She answers to both as well as little S*$%$#T

The give-away should have been the dirt collecting in the bottom of the blue bowl: Frogs don't shower before getting in the pool.

We've got to clean the bowl on our back porch regularly because of the frog's dirty feet. Our girl once drank from the bowl while the frog was still in it. No worries!

Back