So much for global warming

I agree with house keeper

Who is is this big brother entity behind this so called scare campaign. Is it Mr big sitting behind a big desk?

The truth is this - there has been talk of global warming for some time and yes some of it is misinformation and yes many people now try and profit from it BUT its hardl a conspiracy theory - its a change in market conditions.

Every industry uses scare tactics - the industry is called 'marketing'.

Who is behind this scare campaign then ? Who benefits from it?

just wondering whether i should answer any more of your Qs - you seem to prefer immediate proof rather than think a bit.

I agree with house keeper

Who is is this big brother entity behind this so called scare campaign. Is it Mr big sitting behind a big desk?

The truth is this - there has been talk of global warming for some time and yes some of it is misinformation and yes many people now try and profit from it BUT its hardl a conspiracy theory - its a change in market conditions.

Every industry uses scare tactics - the industry is called 'marketing'.

i never said anything about a conspiracy theory - it's just that - marketing.

a way to drum up more money for products whose exorbitant markups can't be justified any other way. it's a way to create a new industry in a saturated market place. you pay more for it and justify paying more for it before you've even decided to buy it - because it's "green" or "sustainable" or "eco-friendly". it's that stupid "pay a little to save a little" argument. sorry - plastic water tank is a plastic water tank - it doesn't save anything except water and it's exactly what i could get if i hooked up a small underground conc tank with some PVC pipe that costs about $200 + a day to nut it out, versus $699.99 + delivery + a day + a qualified plumber to install.

there's no "mr big" behind a wooden desk with a "green x files" desk lamp and afternoon sun streaking thru the partially closed timber venetians dreaming up schemes to rip off the joe public.

those folk are called banks and governments.

Copenhagen - it just got scarier

Very interesting interview (whatever you think of Alan Jones)

2GB Radio: Alan Jones interview with Lord Mockton on the Copenhagen Summit
Have a listen to this radio interview of Alan Jones with Lord Monckton on the Copenhagen Summit.

It is a very important warning about the climate scare, and the anti-democratic push coming from the Copenhagen Treaty:

http://2gb.com.au/index2.php?option=com_newsmanager&task=view&id=4998
• Details of the 200 page draft Copenhagen Treaty are being concealed from the people
• The science behind Global Warming has collapsed
• The Treaty has been kept secret in their usual way, but discovered in a “note by the Secretariat”
• The word “Government” is explicitly referred to in the Treaty, with powers for a communistic international Government – similar to the EU Commissars, but on a global scale
• This proposed World Government is designed to take over all global free markets
• The Copenhagen Treaty will take precedence over the Australian Constitution
• The is NO provision to exit the Copenhagen Treaty [draft]
• Lord Monckton is urging people around the world to spread the word

Thanks for the link

Propertunity, thanks for the link. A compelling interview for sure.
I thought the climate change/global warming con/game was just to fleece us of carbon taxes via carbon trading etc. But this interview reveals the proposed Copenhagen Treaty has a much broader agenda. Let's hope Rudd wakes up !! Thanks again.
LL

I warned of this many years ago - the creation of a world government that would override constitutions and confiscate wealth from the wealthy (AUS, UK, USA etc) through central bank vehicles (BOE, RBA, FED). There's no exit strategy unless ALL other countries agree!!

the USA managed to go one step further though and completey collaspe it's banking system so it could be nationalised to "save it". they're in knee deep already. i call the Amero as national currency in Canada/Mexico/USA by 2012.

i look forward to the Australian / Japanese / NZ / Chinese / Singaporean regional currency in about 10 years.

there'll be one federal reserve with complete control over all financial markets, in the name of "being green". you'll be told how many cars you may have, what houses you may build, what jobs you may hold, what industry may be operated....

this is it - i was wondering about the vehicle of how it would be delivered and it was right under my nose the whole time - the green movement.

make people buy it before they've even decided if they want it.

this is probably the end of the world as we know it. the fourth horse is riding in now.

the peasants are "revolting". rise, oh brothers, and become revolting with me.

unfortunately the uneducated masses will never hear, see, understand any of this until it too late and the sugar coating wears off.

hmmmm - i am a non-believer but i do recall something in the armeggedon of the bible stating that (in my own words) once the european nations became a government of a certain number (think it was 13 but can't recall) that the end will be nigh. also something about a leader in a purple hat/tea towel/head dressing being the supreme ruler but really the devil's advocate in disguise - so beware the guy in the purple hate and hope that britain holds out and doesn't succumb to the european union.

totally off topic of course.

on topic ... we plan to build our next house to be as enviromental as possible - only because i hate paying bills.

Conspiracies!!

Interesting article in the Melbourne Herald Sun on this very topic - with reference to a single world governement.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/kevin-rudds-7b-un-wrangle/story-e6frfhqf-1225794045942

I agree entirely with the perspective of corruption when these sort of schemes and monies are thrown at problems (the UNESCO example).

As for the 'Brave New 1984 World' - maybe yes and I'm 50/50 on whether this is a good thing or not - but more at 49 than 51 because of the innate corruption and failure of totalitarian regimes. Trouble is that corporations are psychopathic in their behaviours and I don't much fancy the world with amoral and irresponsible corporations making universal decisions in the name of benign despotism (more than they do now that is!).

With the old adage 'put your faith in God and keep your powder dry', I think that the way to ensure a relative prosperity in the worst case scenario is definitely debt free property investment, preferably with an IP in a 'good' neighbourhood and in the same street so travel for rent collection is minimal.

Anyone interested in more dire predictions can find them on YouTube under Bilderberg group, Zeitgeist the Movie, Obama the Liar and a few others as well. All about the construction of one world government, currency etc and the anointing of the stooges to pacify us during the process. The Surviving in Argentina blog has suggestions on how to cope until They (the Them of 'them and us') get their plans in place.

Another adage it does well to remember "Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get you". lol

and another point on 'the apocalypse'

Theories on the end of the world should be respected. They've been happening for thousands of years.

or Lord Monckton for that matter...

Seriously, a crankpot interviews a crankpot and the result is somehow worth talking about? :confused:

I recall something about the blind leading the blind... what a complete load of tripe and waste of bandwidth!

You may consider reading the Herald Sun article before passing judgement ? It's a little more "closer to home".
LL

Are you serious? Andrew Bolt! What is this - pick the rabid anti climate change campaigner day?

The UN already exists as an inter-governmental body with all its successes and failures - all of a sudden having the UN is a bad idea? Give me a break...

2GB Radio: Alan Jones interview with Lord Mockton on the Copenhagen Summit
Have a listen to this radio interview of Alan Jones with Lord Monckton on the Copenhagen Summit.

It is a very important warning about the climate scare, and the anti-democratic push coming from the Copenhagen Treaty:

http://2gb.com.au/index2.php?option=com_newsmanager&task=view&id=4998
• Details of the 200 page draft Copenhagen Treaty are being concealed from the people
• The science behind Global Warming has collapsed
• The Treaty has been kept secret in their usual way, but discovered in a “note by the Secretariat”
• The word “Government” is explicitly referred to in the Treaty, with powers for a communistic international Government – similar to the EU Commissars, but on a global scale
• This proposed World Government is designed to take over all global free markets
• The Copenhagen Treaty will take precedence over the Australian Constitution
• The is NO provision to exit the Copenhagen Treaty [draft]
• Lord Monckton is urging people around the world to spread the word

You've got to be joking, promoting this trash from Alan Jones. :rolleyes:

It shows that there is a market for anything in this world. There is always a group of people who will bite.

Almost always, there is a claim of a 'conspiracy theory' that is being 'kept secret' yet revealed by this brave author on a mission to 'unmask the truth'. It works every time...

This one is even a "Lord". Must be true then!

Not so long ago, I remember reading claims about imminent huge oil reserves being discovered, that will send the price of oil all the way back down. Some people love hear theses stories.

Enjoy the entertainment. :D

Don't take it any more seriously than it needs to be though. ;)

Cheers,

I guess if you're into shooting the messenger that's your prerogative.
LL

No it's the message actually. The message from these guys is predictable and consistent. No matter what the evidence is they will always hold to their position and pick and choose the bits and pieces that agree with it - they have too much invested to do anything else. Just like Al Gore for that matter - I suggest ignoring both extremes of this argument and focussing on the facts in the middle.

We can really do without the hysteria right now...

global warming myth.

I suggest that a more accurate term for the current state of knowledge on this subject would be "global warming risk".

You've got to be joking, promoting this trash from Alan Jones. :rolleyes:
Well first of all I'm not "promoting" anything. I posted this in the Coffee Lounge section where you can have a chin wag about any and all topics.

I don't care for Alan Jones one way or another but I was interested to hear what Lord Whatshisname discovered about the draft Copenhagen Treaty.

I though it was all about a Carbon Trading scheme (carbon tax really) but it seems there might be more on the agenda than that. :(

i love the anti-conspiracy theorist thinking.

it applies pure faith in anyone who has cemented a position "higher" than yourself, government, religion, teacher etc whereby thinking "if they were wrong, someone woudl have picked it up already".

it's like the economist and the $50 note story.

the details of the copenhagen treaty have not been released to media outlets. rudd has refused to comment on the proposed outcomes. how can they be picked up if details are confidential.

it reminds me of the steps into khufu's tomb - a rising staircase up inside the "great gallery" said to mark the passage of the the human consciousness. it is 8.5m tall and EXACTLY 2000 steps.

step 2001 drops sharply into a small passage with barely enough room to stand. this small chamber is tight, confining and made with a rippled roof and a small ante-room in the very centre.

passage_system.gif

r18_93.gif

when walking out of the chamber, into the kings chamber, you were meant to be met by "all the glory that heaven can put on earth", and the king's chamber is shaped like an arrow pointing towards the heavens.

r25_77.gif

pyr_airshafts.gif

so - that's not even a conspiracy theory, but it certainly provides an interesting set of highly connective events as a backdrop for the current situations.

the egyptians knew a thing or two about numbers, that's for sure.

r25_59.gif

my point is, is that i'm not arguing conspiracy here. why is it when you question authority, you're a crackpot?

i'm confident that in many many years to come (maybe 500 or so) that the human race will be above where it is now. but there's still 500 years of pain to go though, and it appears we're in the early throes of it now.

my point is, is that i'm not arguing conspiracy here. why is it when you question authority, you're a crackpot?

Hi BC

Nothing to do with questioning authority. The problem for me is when people challenge a detailed and considered position with irrelevancies from left field and misinformation, all based on their own lack of understanding of the topic at hand in the first place. As I said this happens on both sides of the fence with the global warming topic and now we can add the United Nations itself to the list as well I guess... :eek:

To give you an example, I hear so many people who know pretty much nothing about the power industry in Australia saying we should "go nuclear" or "go solar" or just keep burning peat as we have been or some other silly idea. Totally ignorant of the costs and benefits of each or who is going to pay for their pet idea.

If the likes of Alan Jones, Andrew Bolt and Al Gore can come up with some cogent arguments that demonstrate to me that they really understand the full complexity of the topics at hand then I will take them seriously.

Until that day, they shall remain "crackpots"!

Mind you, I think they really do understand but resort to their lowest common denominator arguments as a way of building up their own personal brand. If you aren't controversial you don't make money in their business but I guess that is obvious, right?

Back