Sold Price website

Looks interesting, but, had a look at a couple of recent purchases (auctions) and they claim less than actual price sold.

So I have a few questions. If we assume they are getting their prices from the usual real estate bodies (as stated in their guff on site), then are agents allowed to quote lower prices than actual back to say REIV? And if they do, what's in it for them in doing so?

Has anybody ever checked the sale price of their properties before - to see what agents are reporting?

Looks interesting, but, had a look at a couple of recent purchases (auctions) and they claim less than actual price sold.

So I have a few questions. If we assume they are getting their prices from the usual real estate bodies (as stated in their guff on site), then are agents allowed to quote lower prices than actual back to say REIV? And if they do, what's in it for them in doing so?

Has anybody ever checked the sale price of their properties before - to see what agents are reporting?

Any chance of giving an example?

The RP Data info usually comes from the Titles Office so in most cases it is the accurate price. I would have thought the agents would have upped the reported price to use it to justify subsequent higher prices....where the agent had the power to manipulate the reported data through the REIQ.

Any chance of giving an example?

Try 23 Spring Street, Maryborough, VIC
I bid at the auction & it sold for 97K if I remember rightly.

The RP Data info usually comes from the Titles Office so in most cases it is the accurate price. I would have thought the agents would have upped the reported price to use it to justify subsequent higher prices....where the agent had the power to manipulate the reported data through the REIQ.
In that case, this site is not getting it's info from RP then?

It seems to get the data from the same place realestate.com.au data comes from as with my recent buy both systems report sold price of $457000 but I only paid $439000 so I beleive its the monkeys inputing the sold data into these system that causes the errors.

I am sure the final sales data report to the government is accurate.

It looks like a great site but not sure if it is missing some details. I bought a property about 2 months ago - on that site it states it has 2 bedrooms, not 3, I'm curious now if the unit I bought was 2 bedroom converted to 3, I don't think so though!

Actually, in my case above, I just remembered that it was sold from DOH.
Does DOH still need to report figures to SRO?

Back