Somersoft Brisbane Group Meeting

Dear guys,

Following on from the highly successful Dale's trust presentation and initial Somersoft/MSN Brisbane meetings our next meeting will be in early April 2003.

When: PROPOSED: Monday 7th of April 2003
Where: Unsure of venue. If you have any ideas, please let Keiran, Sunstone or asy know. Please send a private message/e-mail to Kierank or Sunstone to register for the meeting.
Time: 7.30pm.
Cost: Free (or possibly nominal fee if we have a room charge)

Topics:
-Discuss core objectives of group
-Discuss name of group
-Discuss format and agenda for meetings
-Determine frequency of meetings
-Discuss preferred day and timing of meetings
-Discuss location of meeting
-Discuss funding of meetings (or can we keep them free)
-Discuss setting up of executive committee
-Source ideas for speakers
-Set date, time, speaker and venue for next meeting
-Close meeting for networking.

Hope you can make it to the meeting. Looking forward to great new developments.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear guys,

Pleased to announce that the venue and date have been finalised.

When: Wednesday 9th of April 2003
Where: Salisbury State School Library, Cripps St, Salisbury.
(Look for the Somersoft Group Sign)

http://www.whereis.com.au/search/result.jhtml?_DARGS=/search/search.jhtml.2
(If the URL doesn't link just put the address into www.whereis.com.au)

(UBD 200 Ref A8). Medium distance walk from Salisbury Station.

Everyone interested in property and the somersoft forum is welcome to come along. Thanks to the people who have already sent private messages. So that we can properly plan for numbers it would be great if you could also send an e-mail to Asy (Larysa) to register for the meeting.
E-mail to [email protected]

Dress: Non-formal is fine.
Cost: Free

Topics:
-Discuss core objectives of group
-Discuss name of group
-Discuss format and agenda for meetings
-Determine frequency of meetings
-Discuss preferred day and timing of meetings
-Discuss location of meeting
-Discuss funding of meetings (or can we keep them free)
-Discuss setting up of executive committee
-Source ideas for speakers
-Set date, time, speaker and venue for next meeting

Hope you can make it to the meeting. Come support the forum in person. Looking forward to some great new developments.

Cheers,

Sunstone. (Shane)

I went to the school this morning to get the keys, and Fay, the wonderful principal, said that if people want to, they can drive in via the gate on Lillian Avenue, and drive straight through between the buildings onto the basketball court, which is lit up. This is also right in front of the library!

The only thing that won't be there is coffee cups, so can everyone bring their own, please?

I can't wait,

Seeyas there!!!

asy :D

Dear guys,

Firstly a big thankyou to all who came along to form “BIG”. A great meeting and I am looking forward to great things with the group.

Here is a non-commercial group which is a real-life extension for the Brisbane part of the Somersoft Forum. A group to help and encourage each other on our IP investing journeys.

For those who may have missed it I have reposted key details decided by “BIG” which has been previously posted by KieranK in the legal section.

Last night about 17 Forum members (including Ian Somers, Asy, Sunstone plus others) participated in a "formation meeting" for the Brisbane Investing Group (BIG for short). It was decided by the group that BIG meetings:

1. Would be held monthly,

2. Are aimed at providing a networking opportunity for like-minded people interesting in investing with the main focus on property,

3. Will endeavour to source external as well as internal speakers, run panel sessions and hold debates,

4. Attendance would be at no cost (although a gold coin donation would be welcome to cover incidentals such as tea, coffee, etc).

5. A Co-ordinating Committee (Asy, Sunstone and KieranK) was elected to oversee the group's formation and growth for the first year.

In further following up I am pleased to announce the details for the next meeting:

When: Tuesday 29th of April 2003
Where: Salisbury State School Library, Cripps St, Salisbury.

(Enter through gate on Lillian Avenue and drive up lane on the right through the buildings onto the basketball court. When on the basketball court the library is located to the South West and up the stairs on the second level.)
(Look for the Somersoft/BIG Group Sign)

(UBD 200 Ref A8). Medium distance walk from Salisbury Station.

Dress: Non-formal.
Cost: Free
(A gold coin as a partial donation to the school and to help with Tea/Coffee is appreciated.)

Topics:
-IP Successes and Failures
-“Interactive discussion where everyone can contribute about their successes/failures and learn from each other.” (Having an IP is not a pre-requisite, only a motivation to do so.)

Everyone interested in property and the somersoft forum is welcome to come along.

Already for our May meeting we are just finalising an exciting speaker. We will keep you posted!

Hope to see you all there!

Cheers,

Sunstone (Shane)

Shane....
Great to hear of the sucess...
Whilst I am in Hervey Bay..I would love to make it to one of ya meetings now and then...

Keep the agendas posted and I will see how Im placed to get down some time....

Dave
From the Best Wide Bay Regions in Australia.

Sunstone,

It was a great "first" meeting. The only problem was that some "mug" held me up (that is, delayed) me) in the car park.

I am really looking forward to the next one and being "delayed" again.

KieranK

Dear Dave,

Thanks for the support. We would certainly welcome you to come along. Depending on your circumstances one of us may even be able to "put you up" for the night.

On agenda's again BIG is simply a local extension of the Somersoft forum in Brisbane. We will always post meetings up on the forum. Hope you can come along sometime.

Kieran,

Yep some "mug" did but hey why not :---------).

The more you know the more you know you don't know. Great motivation to keep on learning.

Looking forward to the next delay too mate.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

its B.I.G.!

Hi,
The meeting was really great and I am looking forward to learning lots. B.I.G. is exactly what I have been looking for for some time now.
As has been mentioned on the Forum, I mentioned at the meeting and has been repeated since "You don't know what you don't know" - but it is only when I am prompted/challenged/questioned by others that I realise that I don't know(!) and thats when growth and learning happens....

Cheers,
Daniel

Back