Sorry To Pour Out My Heart Here...

Well done Watermelon.....great story!

Each one of us has the potential to do anything we want in life. Once we acknowledge that potential and start using it - anything can happen!

Can't wait for the next instalment.

cheers

sq

I'm sorry to pour out my heart here but I feel so lucky or amazed at what has happened to me in the past 9 months.

9-12 months ago I felt depressed from working my butt off in a job that was going nowhere with employers who didn't appreciate the work I was doing for them; earning $35,000 for the past 4 years with 2 small pay increases over that time; wondering if I was ever going to move on to a better job & a better life! I ended up quitting as I could no longer put up with the stress, pressure & heavy workload & not feeling appreciated; both emotionally & financially.

I had no job to go to; but found the job of my dreams 2 weeks later (which I still have) & have seen my income soar instantly to around $50,000 & will make around $67,000 for the year to date in September.

I bought my first IP in late March for $4,500 over asking price for $192,500 for around 15% under market using some equity from my existing PPOR; now valued conservatively by bank valuer at $220,000 3 months later (present time).

Only 6 weeks after I settled on the first IP above; using equity again & some cash I bought my 2nd IP in the same complex (I'd always wanted to buy this unit) & paid full price of $160,000 around 15% again below market price, & I just received Full Finance Approval on it!!!

I had tears flowing 3 nights ago; amazed at how my life has completely turned around in the past 9 months. Being around 3 positive & very supportive & encouraging/appreciative bosses at work (to whom all walk the talk with their own financial successes) as well as being on this forum has made a big difference as it's OPENED MY EYES TO SEE WHAT IS POSSIBLE TO ACHIEVE in life. I'm in tears just now writing this as I'm still amazed at what I've accomplished so far.

Being at my old job around a lot of negativity - I believed for a long time that I wasn't worth much.

Many thanks for listening. All the best to everyone! :)

CONGRATULATIONS WM !!

More and More I learn about the mindset as well, you'll certainly change it as you progress without realisng until after the fact

Don't be sorry about the post, its Cathartic to get it out; you've done very well compared to most who wouldn't even take the first step and should enjoy the achievement, people here are very supportive

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Calvin Coolidge (1872 - 1933)

I always thought (by some strange means) that my life would change for the better when I turned 30 (and I turned 30 in January) and it certainly has!!!

No, it is not some strange means. The universe channeled all energy to work in your favour. You become what you think. In your mind, you have already seen that change, and it became a reality for you when you turned 30. Congratulations!

Congratulations. Think positively and surround yourself with positive people (and ignore the negative people - they can be so .. well..NEGATIVE!) Well done, and it's all go from here.
Please keep us informed of your progress.

Congrats Watermelon Man!!! Your story has inspired me to look more closely on how I can get starter on my first IP.

Thank you for posting that. :)

I had tears flowing 3 nights ago; amazed at how my life has completely turned around in the past 9 months.... I'm in tears just now writing this as I'm still amazed at what I've accomplished so far.
Dry your eyes blubber boy, you're playing with the big kids now! ;) And welcome to the club!!

You've gone through an amazing life inflection point which has obviously been overwhelming. Congratulations for navigating it successfully and coming out in such great shape for the future.

The trick now is to project forward 5 years or so and envisage what you'll look like then. This is just the beginning. You've turned an important corner but don't rest on your laurels. There's a heap of people on this forum that will help you evolve to be the best you can possibly be. Step up to the plate and grab that opportunity, you deserve it! We'll be here to help you on your journey and revel in your successes.

Life is your oyster now, get out there and devour it!!

Well done mate,
Michael.

Whenever we are off to auction or buy something else, our friends all say, "You haven't bought another house have you?" - like we are planning on stopping! Thank God that we have got each other, with same goals, because it can be hard to surround yourself with like minded people.

Maybe it is something to do with turning 30, I said to myself in this last year, right time to stop mucking around and get out there into the property field again. It's amazing what you can achieve when you just get out there and get it done.

Well done to you and stay positive.

Bronwyn.

Funny thing happened last night when I went over to my Folks place to tell them the great news. I said: "I've got some great news to tell you" and my Mum says: "What you haven't bought another house have you?" To which I replied: "Yep" - My Dad was gobsmacked; but both of them were very proud and happy for me. Great Parents!

Parents are funny things. My oldies are getting close to retiring, have lived in the same house for ~36 years, won't touch the equity (don't want to risk the family home).... when we were discussing our recent purchase (still conditional), their response was "wow, that's a lot of debt"....

Good to hear yours are supportive - mine will be eventually I'm sure!

I always thought (by some strange means) that my life would change for the better when I turned 30 (and I turned 30 in January) and it certainly has!!!

Hi WM,

It was really nicely worded message mate. Must congratulate on your successes so far. Seems lot is common between us. I turned 34 in January. I moved to Australia 1 yr back and working in a similar environment as yours. Just got another job paying me well.

Bought my first IP this month. Going through the settlement phase. Planning to buy 2nd IP in 3 months time.

Once again keep sharing your experiences and good luck.

Cheers

Parents are funny things. My oldies are getting close to retiring, have lived in the same house for ~36 years, won't touch the equity (don't want to risk the family home).... when we were discussing our recent purchase (still conditional), their response was "wow, that's a lot of debt"....

Good to hear yours are supportive - mine will be eventually I'm sure!

Don't sell them short. They or their parents have lived through times that we can only imagine. Depression, world wars, rationing etc. Their perceptions of risk are very real for them and no doubt we would share them if we had seen more than we have of history.

Once again keep sharing your experiences and good luck.

Cheers

Again my sincerest thanks to everyone for their wonderful thoughts! I wish I could tell you all about the next purchase in the coming 3 months; but like my MB said; I think I'll be waiting at least 6-9 months before jumping into the market again. Cheers to all!:cool:

Great story so far WM, Well done. Its great to be going somewhere rather than just wishing isn't it?

MJK:D

Only 6 weeks after I settled on the first IP above; using equity again & some cash I bought my 2nd IP in the same complex (I'd always wanted to buy this unit) & paid full price of $160,000 around 15% again below market price, & I just received Full Finance Approval on it!!!
WM, this is a fantastic story... you should be proud of yourself... well done!

Now, pull yourself together & back to business. How many units are in the block? Let's start to think a little bit ahead... In another years time, do you think you can get another one? What about in 5 years, how many could you have?
Good luck mate
Steve

Just settled yesterday on the 2nd IP! Yippee! :D Now I've got $half-a-mill worth of debt...& loving it...hahaha! And I can't wait for the next "great buy"; hopefully next year after I've built up some more savings & equity in the 3 properties. On to the next one!:cool:

Just settled yesterday on the 2nd IP! Yippee! :D Now I've got $half-a-mill worth of debt...& loving it...hahaha! And I can't wait for the next "great buy"; hopefully next year after I've built up some more savings & equity in the 3 properties. On to the next one!:cool:
Congrats WM...tis a wonderful feeling to watch the portfolio grow! Well done!

Back