Spelling!!!

OK I've officially had enough of reading poor ad copy on real estate ads!
My two pet peeves are "sort after location" instead of "sought after" and the classic " don't loose the opportunity" rather than the correct "lose".... I know not everyone in real estate is a terrific speller but come on, in this day and age of spell-checkers galore when did it become so hard for professionals to at least double-check their ads?!

I found this great link to Oatmeal's posters for those challenged by spelling- it's quite amusing http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling

My pet peeves are- your you're

With practice, practise. Depending whether the grammar check is English or American as to whether it corrects it or not.

And what's the go with people writing -prolly (as in- I prolly shouldn't say this)? Do they really think that's a word? I've seen it a bit lately.

haha im a bad one for prolly (probably) and rember (remember)
although on the forums/emails etc i like to use the correct words and use spell checker - thanks firefox and also re read what i wrote as sometimes its just coming out of my head and not making any sense on the page.

im also not very good with grammar

Yes! I couldn't agree more. :mad: Poor spelling/grammar drives me nuts.

Many years ago when I was interviewed for a job in a real estate office, the boss asked me the usual and expected question of, "Why should we employ you?" After I had rattled off the endless reasons why I would make 'employee of the year' (;)) I added, "...and because I know the difference between 'quite' and 'quiet' and I won't have your clients living in a 'quite' street". Despite my being a smart-****, I got the job :D.

Then and than. How do you get those wrong?

You don't see it too often, but when you do you wonder how.

Could some of these be dyslexic problems (or a brain thingy like left/right confusion), rather than having not learned them when they were young?

Got a val today with

properties are highly "sort' after in this location with strong demand and short supply.

After some recent valuer hassles in all Cities I can pass on the correct spelling as long as I get a val thats half way useable, AND they have a CURRENT view of the actual market.

ta
rolf

Not being able to spell certainly doesn't mean a person is dumb though. I recall many people in high school who were in the bottom English class but who excelled at maths and science. Something about the different sides of the brain being for different things... :confused:?

Something about the different sides of the brain being for different things... :confused:?

Apparently skipping the crawling stage causes learning problems :confused:.

One Dr. in the US has a program of repetitive exercises to deal with brain glitches in bright children.

Last edited:
This is a kind of physio-neuro therapy which is based on western therapy.

Is Kinesiology much the same, or the same thing?

I don't know anything about either really, but would love to know a little about how it helped your son.

Back