Spelling!!!

A tip for showing up your workmates who are poor spellers, as poor spellers, is to make minor changes to their auto correct.

Even better is making more obvious changes to your computer illiterate workmates :D.

A tip for showing up your workmates who are poor spellers, as poor spellers, is to make minor changes to their auto correct.

Even better is making more obvious changes to your computer illiterate workmates :D.

Or add in an auto-text for particular words ;)

The English Language...

If GH stands for P as in Hiccough
If OUGH stands for O as in Dough
If PHTH stands for T as in Phthisis
If EIGH stands for A as in Neighbour
If TTE stands for T as in Gazette
If EAU stands for O as in Plateau
The right way to spell POTATO should be GHOUGHPHTHEIGHTTEEAU!

I just received a letter from our PM company to let us know that they have sold their business.
In the profile of the new owner, it says "with a lifetime of experience, Harold's** knowledge and caring has been lorded over by his peers"
It's amazing the difference in meaning in a sentence between being "lorded over" and being "lauded over". :D

**name changed to protect the innocent! :)

, Harold's** knowledge and caring has been lorded over by his peers"
It's amazing the difference in meaning in a sentence between being "lorded over" and being "lauded over". :D :)
"Peers" can have two meanings as well, depending on whether it's one syllable or two.

There is an agent in our area who consistently lists houses as being:
3 BEDDA HOUSE
or
4 BEDDAS, 2 BATHROOMS HOUSE

AAAAARGH! it's BEDROOM not BEDDA. Sounds so bogan, and we're not a bogan suburb (at least I don't think we are!)

I do wonder about that site.

I've found a few words that I believe are pronounced incorrectly from that site.

You might be right Lizzie, and we've all been hiccoffing all along :D.

Back