Staking out your home open

You should move further away and use binoculars.

Lol

Haha no I can't move further away as the street ends.

It's funny cos one of the cars when they left decided to drive down the end of the street where I'm parked, I ducked down lmao :D

Wow time has flown by only 15 mins left of home open.

Ohhhh another car pulls up & this time it's a family with 2 small toddlers. Hmmm you'd think my unit would be a bit small for them!?? Maybe they are after an investment, who knows

Haha this is fun! 

Party # 3 arrives. Could be an investor. Maybe the same guy I saw at another home open I went to last weekend but that is a guess lol. It looks like the same walking style. He also could be a fhb ya never know. He drives a 1990's Hyundai I think it is.

He left a few minutes ago. He might be interested. Before he left he did a double take, turned around and had a long look at the complex before getting in his car.

So with 5 mins to go 4 groups went through. 3 couples and 1 single.

Everybody knows you only have two hands... one to hold the coffee and one to hold the donut. No spares to hold the binoculars...

No worries.....

img-big-binoculars4.jpg

The Y-man

No more news from the agent yesterday.

The other unit I've been in competition with is under offer. In just 2 weeks. The agent is not a very good one. She blabbed just how much the owner would take. The asking was from $235 k and she told me. The owner will take $235 k. Omg why would she do that!??

No wonder it's under offer so soon. :eek: I'm glad she is not working for me!!

Yes agent selection is very important. When I sold my last ppor I had one agent appraise it at "around 430k" and another at "high 400's". It sold in 2 weeks for $490k with second agent. If I hadnt gotten a second opinion then I would have done myself out of 60k

Yes agent selection is very important. When I sold my last ppor I had one agent appraise it at "around 430k" and another at "high 400's". It sold in 2 weeks for $490k with second agent. If I hadnt gotten a second opinion then I would have done myself out of 60k

Wow that's a huge amount!

I wonder why that agent told me the owner would accept $235k. Do you think it's purely because she's after a quick sale & easy commission. She doesn't seem to care about the best needs of her client. A renovated unit in that complex was asking $300 k and it got sold for $280k. This was around 4 - 5 months ago.

No more news from the agent yesterday.

The other unit I've been in competition with is under offer. In just 2 weeks. The agent is not a very good one. She blabbed just how much the owner would take. The asking was from $235 k and she told me. The owner will take $235 k. Omg why would she do that!??

thats the sort of agent you want to keep contact with when you plan to buy ;)

My ip that I am selling will be open on the weekend.

I plan to stake it out. I'll park up the street try to remain inconspicuous & relatively hidden. I'll be curious how many people walk through the home open.

Anyone else do this? :)

Instead of staking out your opens, get a friend or family member to attend. They can get an idea of what interest there is from others, as well as let you know what the agent is telling potential buyers.

Instead of staking out your opens, get a friend or family member to attend. They can get an idea of what interest there is from others, as well as let you know what the agent is telling potential buyers.

I've done this also with family. Gives an idea, like Chris said on how good the r-estate agent is and what they are saying to people etc.

Works the other way as well.... if you are a buyer then you pick up a nice little bargain, release equity. A very ordinary agent made me about $125,000 equity and that was a bank valuation same week I placed an offer on the table. I would never get him to sell any of my properties, only buys;)

Works the other way as well.... if you are a buyer then you pick up a nice little bargain, release equity. A very ordinary agent made me about $125,000 equity and that was a bank valuation same week I placed an offer on the table. I would never get him to sell any of my properties, only buys;)

Nice work! I should know this name too ;)

Back