State of Origin 2010

They are only being paid huge money as they will be used as spokesman for AFL to try to get the youth in new areas (Western Sydney) to play AFL rather than league.

As for playing high level AFL successfully i think they will be failures.

NSW to win in Brisbane. Just.

Not sure if thats the same as taking a high mark with Barry Hall bearing down on you.

He is good under the high ball in league but there is a lot more to AFL. I guess as i don't really like the sport so dont know a lot about it.

Dunno! Izzy took a beautiful mark on the weekend. :) But getting paid more'n the REAL stars? that's a joke.

Dunno! Izzy took a beautiful mark on the weekend. :) But getting paid more'n the REAL stars? that's a joke.

I suppose the whole idea is to attract people to the sport. I've gotta admit, I might watch my first ever game of AFL when big Izzy is having his first run. I've always liked watching the rugby and league stars when they swap games, and I'll be interested in watch big Izzy, and to a lesser extent Carmichael Hunt. You would think they'd take a long time to be any good though?

See ya's.

I think because of their popularity they'll be tagged which will leave them quiet. Also sorta depends on what position they'll play. I don't really know anything about rugby, but I imagine big guys like that will be better suited to fullbacks or rucks in AFL terms.

Well, it's pretty obvious that NSW will win the second game.

In a little bit of sporting history, the NSW side is so flippen strong that the blues captain is starting on the bench. :D Unprecedented.

See ya's.

Well, it's pretty obvious that NSW will win the second game.

In a little bit of sporting history, the NSW side is so flippen strong that the blues captain is starting on the bench. :D Unprecedented.

See ya's.

Top-cropper you should change your name to pot-cropper and quit spending so much time in the field (joking!!) :D
NSW doesnt have a chance

Fascinating though... sailor and fenech are at odds, hayne and slater... we're going to have a ripper O2

I fell asleep. Shame, shame!

Hiya, SF,
I didn't say I slept through the game. I saw the whole match, but switched over to SBS, THEN I fell asleep.:eek: Had a soccer semi to watch at 4am.:D
Hoped Sam Thaiday got the gong, as usual played his heart out. But Locky was again great, and that field goal was something special.
Cheers
Amy

I fell asleep. Shame, shame! 'Twas Locky (also man of the series) I can't get over how Thurston has been quit all year.

It wasn't Locky that got the $2000 of Cambells chunky soup.

It was Billy the Kid, and he also got the Wally Lewis man of the series.

Back