State of the Property Market

G'day all,

I was thinking in regards to all the hype associated to the property market being experienced in Sydney and wanted to see where you see things heading in the next 6-12 months, 12-24 months?

We all have different financial desires and therefore one's strategy would potentially differ, whether your a first home buyer, property developer, investor.

My own sentiment is that there is ALOT of competition in Sydney general and feel that there many people jumping on the same bandwagon and wanting to be like the Jones'es and given 3-6months the competition will ease as people would have gotten used to the current conditions, ie Low rates, elections being over etc.

What is your strategy in respect to property in the short or long term in respect to acquisition?

Thank you

We've bought in Sydney and couldn't see good value when we looked to buy more so went to Brisbane. I only expect further up movement in the short / medium term .

At some stage prices will come back , but IMHO they've got a way to go at this stage and they wont come back to current levels again.

Cliff

G'day all,

I was thinking in regards to all the hype associated to the property market being experienced in Sydney and wanted to see where you see things heading in the next 6-12 months, 12-24 months?

Thank you

This part of your question incredibly easy to give an opinion on.

Sydney: 6-12 months: up up and away
Sydney: 12-24 months: 12 months should still be up, 24 months, starts to get more uncertain.

I'm willing to bet nobody here can reliably predict, with reference to hard facts or data, where the Sydney property market will be in two years.

based on gut feeling, id say12 months of growth , and then people start realising how stupidly high some of these prices are

while the more investment savvy have moved onto bris and new castle,

bris and newcastle will see well above averaeg gains but no where near sydneys

as for vic I am not too sure, im sure once bris starts to go up, melbourne will follow shortly,

im surprised that melb didnt move up before bris , I thought it was always syd then melb, then bris,

however,with virtually no mining actitivy/influence in Vic, im really not sure what would sendmelbourne in to a flurry

whats everyone opinion on melb, cos if it is about to boom, now would be the best time to get in while everyone is too busy with sydney

TMNT,Imo melb is under the radar....I'm also gobsmacked how much development is going on 60-70km's+ out s/e.People are buying further out,maybe due to affordability and rates.
Eg.yarra j area,g3mbr0ok,paki etc...prices have increased in this ring.

Experience.

That .

Maybe I should have said 99.99% if I was being pendantic . After all a nuck blowing up the opera house might put a dampener on prices rises , though maybe not in the outer west . 2770 might boom more and may even be desirable .... It's about what it would take to get me living there ....

But the reality is that what ever anyone says , really shouldn't cloud / change your decision making .

I'm not putting any money in on the basis of my comment so if I'm wrong I don't loose anything .

If someone's dumb enough to act on the basis of one comment made by someone they don't know on an Internet forum ....

However saying that I'm 99.9934721 % certain it will happen . I've bet two houses and four units on it .... All in all several mill .

Cliff

However saying that I'm 99.9934721 % certain it will happen . I've bet two houses and four units on it .... All in all several mill .

And what has the tambourineman bet?

Good for you Cliff, go you good thing!

I also cant see Sydney prices (big market) being lower in just 2years from now.

They have stagnated for way too long and the new cycle is on it's way.

Only a very very tragic event would cause a drop in overall Syd prices, an event that may spell the end for all of us, including Mr Tambourineman and whether he's invested or not.

even more pertinent in this fascinating debate... will your mortgage be worth more or less in real terms in 2 years?

Expecting to unload one house in around two years time which will clear a significant amount of debt and facilitate a decrease in amount of work

Cliff

See change sees all .... :cool:

Actually it was an educated guess.

Cliff

And still no logic just gut feel :p

I respect your opinion but merely ask for a basis for it other than speculation. It like Lehman brothers before the GFC selling MBS saying they were risk free - there is no such thing as we now know.

Back