staying at a caravan park

It's not the term you used but rather that you're bringing personal finances into the discussion and talking about those who don't clear their trays as if they're some sort of oddity we should psychoanalyse to further our human knowledge. This thread is getting a bit wacky.

What personal finance? They posted those info themselves.

Psychoanalysis? If you go to supermarket, woollies, why do you think they put the bread section near the lollies section? The layout in the supermarket or dept stores were designed based on human behavior to maximized sale.
Why some school systems (montessori, etc) work for some children and not the other?
And why some investments work for some people and not the others?

Fifth--thank you

I started this thread in wonderment of how some businessess are expecting their "guests" to clean up after themselves in caravan parks. If I'm their "guest" they shouldn't be charging me.
The prices are not cheap for the privelege of using the bathroom facilities.

We have paid for showers along the way for $2-4 each at other places, and none of them ask us to mop the floors when we finish.

I think you're making the caravan parks owners sound a bit worse than they actually are - it's not like they try and enforce this rule. The mop and the request to use it are simply there in the hope that people will keep it dry and tidy for the next person, it's not exactly "cleaning up after themselves". If the sign read "All guests must scrub the shower with the chemicals and scrubbing brush provided" then I would see your point.

Whether you choose to mop or not to mop doesn't reduce the caravan parks workload one bit, either way they will only clean the toilet block once a day. The point is, they're not doing this to save money, just to make everyone's stay a little bit more enjoyable, whether you choose to do it or not is up to the individual.

Last edited:
The mop and the request to us it are simply there in the hope that people will keep it dry and tidy for the next person,

Yep, it would just be a request. No different from the request that people clear their table in a fast food place. And neither are enforced. I've never encountered a mop in a bathroom, but I would clear my table in a fast food place - mainly as a courtesy to the person who sits there next.

On a related issue. I have now had 26 different guests stay in my Airbnb listing. I have stayed in places like that over the years booked through Stayz, and at the end of the visit I of course put my rubbish in the bin and wash the dishes - leaving them on the sink to dry becasue it's usually the last thing I do. I've been amazed at how tidy people have left my place. More than half of them strip the beds and bundle all the washing up at the top of the stairs. All of them have washed the dishes and most dry them and put them away. A young French couple moved out last Sunday after 4 week stay and they came looking for a vacuum cleaner so they could really give the place a clean.

I'm thinking about leaving some stuff upstairs for washing windows and things like that.

Scott

I ate out yesterday in an outdoor cafe- just fish and chips on china plates on common area tables (Fyshwick markets). I took the plates back to the window- and got a big smile from the young lady, with a "Thank you, we really appreciate that".

1. It's worth it to do a tidy when people show that they appreciate it
2. Courtesy goes both ways.

I'm thinking about leaving some stuff upstairs for washing windows and things like that.

Scott

We actually do this at one of furnished all inclusive properties. It is usually rented as an apartment to tenants, but on occassion we rent it to guests as short term, which doesn't require any bond.
Guests are not required to clean, etc. Our price reflects it.

For all tenants and guests in this building, we do supply cleaning supplies. Usually it is a stockpile from previous tenants, but we do replenish when needed.

Seriously guys if you decide to pick up trash, clean toilets, wash floors and tidy up after the previous clients/guests it is your choice, no right or wrong just what it is, no need to judge, its certainly not a criminal offence and who cares how you were raised I certainly don't.

Cheers, MTR

It's been years since I've been to McDonald's, but I ventured down yesterday for some research, on the way to the dentist. Most people seemed to take their rubbish to the bin.

Not me! I left my rubbish on the table, drew a lovely picture on the window with my gherkin, vomited in the entrance area and left happy in the knowledge I'd contributed to employing another high school drop out.

Strangely, I didn't show the dentist's clinic the same disrespect. Although I soiled myself at the receptionist's desk while paying on the way out, I managed to hold it together until I got outside. While I would have loved to have drawn a picture of a 5 root canal and the associated costs, I refrained.

I just found this thread and wanted to thank you for the belly laugh :D.

To the above posts...

I'm not a guest in someone's home, I'm a paying customer. The price of clearing the table is costed into the food. If we all cleared our own tables, do you really believe a discount would be passed on to the customer? Doubtful.

When you go to a restaurant do you clear your own table? Do you even offer to help out with the dishes?

There's courtesy and respect, but ultimately fast food joints, just like any other eateries, should be aiming to please the customer, not vice versa.

Unless a discount is offered, do not expect customers to do the staff's job.

Maybe we should dip our unwanted pickles into our thick shakes and have races down the window. :rolleyes:

I can't believe this, clean up after yourself, its not that hard.

Next time i'm in a park eating Mcdonalds, i might leave my rubbish on the ground because its the council workers job to clean it up. :rolleyes:

GG

GG

I hate when people don't clean up after themselves at the likes of McDonalds, it really bugs me. Its just lazy.

GG
Its not even laziness as it takes no effort to drop your waste in the bin as you walk past. It is a lack of respect and consideration for other people, and a lack of respect for themselves. Even dogs and cats bury their waste and are selective where they leave it.

Back