Steve Navra - Guru or Ghost?

It seems nobody is allowed to mention that name here with the reason given that he threatens legal action.
Being too afraid to have your products discussed should give you the answer about how good they. Market Reality me finks.

It seems nobody is allowed to mention that name here with the reason given that he threatens legal action.
Being too afraid to have your products discussed should give you the answer about how good they. Market Reality me finks.

Understood.

Hence, my post only details facts which are already available on other online sites (website name appropriately quoted). No conclusions, criticisms or praises made. Just outline the facts and let ppl make their own judgements.

Cheers,
Oracle.

Hi everyone, it would be interesting to hear others opinions/results post GFC on this thread ...

Anyone ?

Holy thread revival Batman,

Nothing like going back many years :D

Not sure if a post I made some time back might help.

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=757010&postcount=54

Cheers,
Oracle.

Those -'s at that % in recent years would make a huge hole, especially when leveraged

I see many banks still offer 70% to 75% that would have seen you stopped out and at those levels was against Steve's advice at the time from memory

Understood.
Hence, my post only details facts which are already available on other online sites (website name appropriately quoted). No conclusions, criticisms or praises made. Just outline the facts and let ppl make their own judgements.
Cheers,
Oracle.

It's not about facts.
Good things won't get deleted, facts will.

I was invested in the US fund but was not a client of NFS. The fund did not perform to my satisfaction and I believe that it has subsequently closed down. I looked into a few of Navra's other products but thankfully didn't go down that path.

NFS In liquidation with many excuses and everyone else being blamed...
Market Reality strikes again.

I think the Steve Miller Band had an appropriate song for this.

NFS In liquidation with many excuses and everyone else being blamed...
Market Reality strikes again.

Just to be clear - it is the financial planning company Navra Financial Services which was placed in liquidation, mostly due to an insurance bill they couldn't afford after all the post-GFC and Great Southern fallout :rolleyes:

The funds management company NavraInvest, is still operating.

The funds management company NavraInvest, is still operating.

And there is a Monty Python quote to cover this, something about bring out your dead.

Actually, the parrot sketch is more accurate.

And yes, I am a shareholder.

Last edited:
Looks like a brand-new NFS has emerged.

http://www.navra.com.au/

Amy

Note the 'phoenixing' and subtle renaming (from 'services' to 'solutions') is not consistently acknowledged in all relevant parts of the above website.

Eg the following refers to the company being established in 2000.

http://www.navra.com.au/how-we-work

Furthermore there is reference to 'over 15 years of financial experience' at http://www.navra.com.au/about

It doesn't quite say the company has been going for 15 years, but the careless may read it that way.

In a volatile industry, people (rightly or wrongly) regard company longevity as a crude assurance of soundness, so it's important that facts are presented in a way that cannot be misinterpreted.

There is a much fuller and more up to date presentation elsewhere on the site. This includes an audio recording, which I'm not sure if Google will pick up.

http://www.navra.com.au/blog

So is it the same company (established 2000) or has it been wound up and a new one restarted?

If the latter, isn't 2011 a fairer start date to claim than 2000 (nothwithstanding the longer industry experience of the principals)?

So is it the same company (established 2000) or has it been wound up and a new one restarted?

It's a completely new company - with a new single director (Dylan Navra, Steve's son).

Company was registered in May 2011 ... that page is definitely misleading. The first paragraph is a direct cut-and-paste (word for word) from the old Navra Financial Services about page.

Steve is no longer acting as a licensed planner - he is focussing on the property side of things.

mostly due to an insurance bill they couldn't afford after all the post-GFC and Great Southern fallout .

Gee's, great southern got some didn't it?
Wasn't Peter Span piling into great southern wood plots too before they went ar$e up?
I reckon if I did a search for long enough I would find his post that mentions it.

See ya's.

Gee's, great southern got some didn't it?
Wasn't Peter Span piling into great southern too before they went cactus

Don't know about Peter Spann.

In their defence - it does seem like GS were trading while insolvent and were effectively operating a form of ponzi scheme using money from new investors to prop up the returns for existing investors. All while being a "well respected" ASX200 listed company.

They were well known and fully approved tax-effective managed investment schemes ... which shouldn't have happened if they were dodgy!

Personally, I think ASIC has a lot to answer for on this one (as do the GS directors of course!).

But yes, it did cause a lot of problems for a lot of financial planning organisations - some much larger than NFS!

I do find it somewhat ironic that ASIC are responsible for both approving schemes like GS while also investigating financial planners who recommended them after they went bust.

Not sure it is ASIC's fault if the directors lie to them for registration etc. What can they do in that case? Not much.

Don't know about Peter Spann.

In their defence - it does seem like GS were trading while insolvent and were effectively operating a form of ponzi scheme using money from new investors to prop up the returns for existing investors. All while being a "well respected" ASX200 listed company.

They were well known and fully approved tax-effective managed investment schemes ... which shouldn't have happened if they were dodgy!

Personally, I think ASIC has a lot to answer for on this one (as do the GS directors of course!).

But yes, it did cause a lot of problems for a lot of financial planning organisations - some much larger than NFS!

I do find it somewhat ironic that ASIC are responsible for both approving schemes like GS while also investigating financial planners who recommended them after they went bust.

Back