Structure

Hi

I am trying to get my future plans right.

Currently I work as a sole trader with GST reg and have 2 IP's. Risks to assets is low with my business but the 2 IP are more out in the public eye so higher risk.

I would like to set up a trust to hold shares and posiably PPOR with myself as trustee. All lower risk stuff. Would the trust be included with my current BAS or for the trust could I elect to go no GST reporting?

A trust for commercial IP's would have a corporate trustee due to the higher risks involved and be a GST reporting body.

Does this plan make sence or should I just go with one trust to do both?

bundy

Hiya Bundy

One trust is more than adequate for the investments, whilst, keeping the business very much separate.

Dale

Originally posted by bundy1964
Hi

I am trying to get my future plans right.

Currently I work as a sole trader with GST reg and have 2 IP's. Risks to assets is low with my business but the 2 IP are more out in the public eye so higher risk.

I would like to set up a trust to hold shares and posiably PPOR with myself as trustee. All lower risk stuff. Would the trust be included with my current BAS or for the trust could I elect to go no GST reporting?

A trust for commercial IP's would have a corporate trustee due to the higher risks involved and be a GST reporting body.

Does this plan make sence or should I just go with one trust to do both?

bundy

Back